- US to play Ghana, Portugal, Germany at World Cup Updated: Dec-06-13 9:48 pm
- Something for everyone to talk about in WCup draw Updated: Dec-06-13 5:48 pm
- What they said about the World Cup draw Updated: Dec-06-13 5:34 pm
- 5 Things to Know about foreign World Cup coaches Updated: Dec-05-13 8:24 am
- Dortmund loses 2 more defenders ahead of derby Updated: Nov-20-13 1:16 pm
- Mertesacker heads Germany to 1-0 win over England Updated: Nov-19-13 6:27 pm
- Khedira tears knee ligament in Germany friendly Updated: Nov-16-13 6:17 am
- Italy draws 1-1 against Germany in friendly Updated: Nov-15-13 6:15 pm
- Klose to miss friendlies vs. Italy and England Updated: Nov-13-13 7:56 am
- Goalie Weidenfeller gets 1st Germany call-up Updated: Nov-08-13 8:57 am
The U.S. drew a daunting task for next year's World Cup: difficult opponents, tropical venues and a wearying 9,000-mile zigzag journey across Brazil.
There are scores to settle, family feuds and no shortage of karmic reckoning. For something so random, Friday's World Cup draw delivered a blockbuster mix of intrigue, entertainment and story lines that will keep folks talking from now until the tournament kicks off June 12.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Coaches and players were quick to react to Friday's World Cup draw. The following is a selection.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - The World Cup promises friendly reunions and old scores to settle - and that's just in the coaching dugouts.
DORTMUND, Germany - Borussia Dortmund has lost two more defenders to injuries in a major blow before its Bundesliga showdown with Bayern Munich.
LONDON - Per Mertesacker's header gave Germany a 1-0 victory over England on Tuesday, sending its fierce rival to back-to-back home losses for the first time in 36 years.
MILAN - Ignazio Abate scored his first senior international goal as Italy came from behind to draw 1-1 against Germany in a friendly at San Siro on Friday.
MUNICH - Lazio striker Miroslav Klose will miss Germany's upcoming friendlies against Italy and England because of a shoulder injury.
BERLIN - Borussia Dortmund goalkeeper Roman Weidenfeller earned his first Germany call-up at the age of 33 on Friday for friendlies against Italy and England.