- 10 WWII veterans honored by France Updated: Dec-10-13 3:06 am
- Option of a third term could lead to second-term... Updated: Dec-02-13 11:18 am
- Option of a third term could produce second-term... Updated: Dec-02-13 11:17 am
- Blue ribbon panels stumble on trimming red ink Updated: Dec-02-13 12:15 am
- Recent editorials published in Indiana newspapers Updated: Nov-26-13 12:10 pm
- Arts panel voices concerns on Eisenhower Memorial Updated: Nov-21-13 12:03 pm
- Editorial: The real JFK conspiracy Updated: Nov-20-13 6:48 pm
- JFK death news sent 'wave of grief' around world Updated: Nov-17-13 2:11 pm
- Gettysburg Address is a sacred, but elusive text Updated: Nov-17-13 1:01 pm
- France to honor 3 World War II veterans in Miami Updated: Nov-11-13 3:04 pm
ORMOND BEACH, Florida - Ten veterans from Florida who fought alongside France during World War II are being honored with France's highest distinction.
WASHINGTON - I'm not so sure the nation is well-served these days, or perhaps ever was, by limiting the terms of its chief executive. It seemed like a good idea at the time following Franklin D. Roosevelt's four elections to the presidency, but the negatives, I believe, have come to outweigh the positives.
WASHINGTON-I'm not so sure the nation is well served these days or perhaps ever was by limiting the terms of its chief executive. It seemed like a good idea at the time following Franklin D. Roosevelt's four elections to the presidency, but the negatives, I believe, have come to outweigh the positives.
WASHINGTON - Since the end of World War II, more than a dozen high-profile bipartisan panels have been convened to tackle the nation's thorniest fiscal problems. Seldom have their recommendations spurred congressional action.
INDIANAPOLIS - The Times, Munster. Nov. 26, 2013.
WASHINGTON - A powerful arts panel that must approve designs for memorials in the nation's capital is again objecting to plans for a memorial honoring President Dwight D. Eisenhower.
The presidency of John F. Kennedy, and especially its abrupt and brutal ending, seems an inexhaustible source of conspiracy theories - the grassy knoll, the mob, Cuban assassins, a second shooter, a cabal of right-wing Texas oilmen. As soon as one theory is debunked another comes along to restart the conspiracy machine.
RUNNYMEDE, England - There is a quiet and somber feel to this small piece of America on an English hillside, near where the Magna Carta was sealed eight centuries ago.
GETTYSBURG, Pennsylvania - Like the Pledge of Allegiance or "The Star-Spangled Banner," the Gettysburg Address is a sacred American text, so fully absorbed into the culture that phrases such as "four score and seven years ago" and "of the people, by the people, for the people" are as familiar as any song lyric or line of poetry.
CORAL GABLES, Florida - Three veterans from Florida received special honors Monday for fighting alongside France in World War II.