- Conservative challenger Duda wins Polish presidential vote Updated: May-25-15 7:19 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Conservative challenger Andrzej Duda has won Poland's presidential election and ousted the incumbent in a runoff vote, according to official results Monday.
- EU embrace of eastern partners turns lukewarm Updated: May-22-15 10:32 am
RIGA, Latvia - The European Union reaffirmed its partnership with six post-Soviet nations Friday but offered them no new prospects of future membership in the Western bloc at a summit overshadowed by the Ukraine crisis.
- Poland marks 70th anniversary of end of WWII Updated: May-07-15 7:23 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Poland's president led international commemorations late Thursday and into Friday marking the 70th anniversary of the end of World War II, a gathering meant as an alternative celebration to Moscow's Red Square parade this weekend.
- EU, German heads at funeral of former Polish FM Bartoszewski Updated: May-04-15 11:37 am
WARSAW, Poland - Wladyslaw Bartoszewski, the former Auschwitz prisoner who helped save Jews from the Holocaust and later became Poland's foreign minister, was a joyful person who inspired deep respect, top European officials said in eulogies Monday at his state funeral in Warsaw.
- French leader visits gas chamber to honor Nazi camp victims Updated: Apr-26-15 11:14 am
PARIS - French President Francois Hollande urged vigilance against resurgent anti-Semitism and racism, as he visited a former gas chamber Sunday to honor Jews, Gypsies and French resistance fighters who died in the only Nazi concentration camp on French soil.