- EU, German heads at funeral of former Polish FM Bartoszewski Updated: May-04-15 11:37 am
WARSAW, Poland - Wladyslaw Bartoszewski, the former Auschwitz prisoner who helped save Jews from the Holocaust and later became Poland's foreign minister, was a joyful person who inspired deep respect, top European officials said in eulogies Monday at his state funeral in Warsaw.
- French leader visits gas chamber to honor Nazi camp victims Updated: Apr-26-15 11:14 am
PARIS - French President Francois Hollande urged vigilance against resurgent anti-Semitism and racism, as he visited a former gas chamber Sunday to honor Jews, Gypsies and French resistance fighters who died in the only Nazi concentration camp on French soil.
- Former Polish foreign minister Bartoszewski dies at 93 Updated: Apr-24-15 7:13 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Wladyslaw Bartoszewski, a former Auschwitz prisoner and member of Poland's underground World War II resistance who helped save Jews and later served twice as the country's foreign minister, died Friday in Warsaw. He was 93.
- EU leaders commit ships, aid to address migrant crisis Updated: Apr-23-15 7:08 pm
BRUSSELS - Late to the rescue, European leaders came through Thursday with pledges of big ships, aircraft and a tripling in funds to save lives in the Mediterranean after the deaths at sea of more than 1,300 migrants over the past three weeks, and agreed to lay the groundwork for military action against traffickers.
- The Latest: UN rights chief wants new EU line on migration Updated: Apr-20-15 11:14 am
5:10 p.m. (1510 GMT; 11:10 a.m. EDT)