- Casting Jesus: Did he really look like Brad Pitt? Updated: Mar-06-14 5:02 pm
- Italy cheers Oscar return but critics remain Updated: Mar-03-14 12:01 pm
- 'Great Beauty' wins best foreign language Oscar Updated: Mar-03-14 5:55 am
- Alfonso Cuaron wins Oscar for best director Updated: Mar-02-14 11:44 pm
- Where are those onetime Oscar winners now? Updated: Feb-28-14 4:20 pm
- Oscar horse race to be a photo finish Updated: Feb-28-14 1:25 pm
- Scorsese, Louis-Dreyfus unite4:good honorees Updated: Feb-28-14 6:04 am
- Green light often highest hurdle on road to Oscars Updated: Feb-24-14 1:40 pm
- Charting the McConaissance, film by film Updated: Feb-21-14 2:53 am
- Could 'Wolf' mark end of DiCaprio's Oscar drought? Updated: Feb-19-14 5:57 pm
- Oscars rich in tales of wealthy and poor Updated: Feb-17-14 11:05 am
- 60 years an actor, June Squibb takes a bow Updated: Feb-13-14 2:19 pm
- Oscar nominees arrive for annual luncheon Updated: Feb-10-14 8:58 pm
- DiCaprio, Hill re-team for story of Richard Jewell Updated: Feb-08-14 11:56 am
NEW YORK - They say you can never be too rich or too thin. Surely it goes without saying that you can't be too good-looking, either, right? Especially in Hollywood.
ROME - Italy celebrated Monday after "The Great Beauty" ended the country's 15-year hiatus and won the Oscar for best foreign-language film. But even the film's muse lamented the fallen Rome it portrays and critics including the Vatican said it was just a cheap Fellini knockoff.
LOS ANGELES - It took an ode to five-time Oscar winner Federico Fellini to break Italy's 14-yearlong drought in the foreign language category.
LOS ANGELES - Alfonso Cuaron has won the Academy Award for best director for the visually groundbreaking lost-in-space spectacle "Gravity."
LOS ANGELES - What's happened to those onetime Oscar winners who've remained onetime Oscar winners? In the case of Cuba Gooding Jr., if you aren't destined for a return to the Academy Awards stage, you do a Pepsi commercial for the Oscar show.
LOS ANGELES - Many of the winners who will take home an Oscar on Sunday have long been forecast, their triumph made seemingly self-evident after months of anticipation. That is, except for one little category: best picture.
LOS ANGELES - Days before the Academy Awards celebrates the finest in film, unite4:good honored the success of individuals serving the global movement for humanity, from stars to everyday visionaries.
NEW YORK - This year's Academy Awards nominees reflect a Hollywood truism: The margin between the dust bin and the Oscar red carpet is often razor thin.
NEW YORK - Six years ago, Matthew McConaughey was starring in a movie called "Surfer, Dude," a film about as good as its title implies. He played a shirtless surfer plunged into an existential crises when his good luck with waves runs out.
BEVERLY HILLS, California - Leonardo DiCaprio is poking his head out of a poolside room at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
NEW YORK - Early in "Captain Phillips," the cargo ship captain (Tom Hanks) and his wife (Catherine Keener) drive from their Vermont home to the airport where he'll take a flight to his next job, one that will bring him face-to-face with the less fortunate on the other side of the globe. Like the chatter of so many couples, their conversation turns to their general feeling of economic uncertainty.
NEW YORK - June Squibb recently ducked into a Times Square office above the theaters she spent decades knocking about, taking any decent part she could get.
BEVERLY HILLS, California - More than 150 Oscar nominees gathered at a Beverly Hills hotel on Monday to celebrate the joy of just being nominated.
SANTA BARBARA, California - Leonardo DiCaprio says he and "The Wolf of Wall Street" co-star Jonah Hill are "going to come up with something unique" as they re-team to tell the story of 1996 Olympics security guard Richard Jewell.