- Georgetown's NCAA hopes take big hit from Nova Updated: Mar-08-14 6:14 pm
- Hilliard leads No. 6 Villanova past Georgetown Updated: Mar-08-14 5:42 pm
- Georgetown beats No. 13 Creighton 75-63 Updated: Mar-04-14 11:35 pm
- No. 13 Creighton falls to Georgetown 75-63 Updated: Mar-04-14 10:56 pm
- Marquette downs Georgetown 75-73 Updated: Feb-27-14 11:57 pm
- Georgetown struggles in 1st season of new Big East Updated: Feb-26-14 6:27 pm
- Georgetown beats Xavier 74-52; snaps 2-game skid Updated: Feb-22-14 2:23 pm
- Edwin nets 21, Seton Hall sweeps Georgetown, 82-67 Updated: Feb-20-14 11:32 pm
- Jordan scores 24, St. John's over Georgetown 82-60 Updated: Feb-16-14 9:57 pm
- Georgetown tops Providence 83-71, 4th straight win Updated: Feb-10-14 9:29 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Georgetown's bid to make the NCAA tournament took another hit on Saturday, and the Hoyas now will likely need a deep run in the Big East tournament to have any chance qualify.
PHILADELPHIA - Villanova coach Jay Wright believed his Wildcats had a chance to be good this season, thanks to the players' chemistry. He just didn't expect them to be this good.
WASHINGTON - Georgetown coach John Thompson III said his team was "floating" back in January, trying to reshape its identity when injuries and academic issues contributed to a five-game losing streak.
WASHINGTON - Shut down by Georgetown, Doug McDermott was trying to get open in the lane late in the first half. The ball never made it to him.
MILWAUKEE - Davante Gardner scored 26 points and Jake Thomas added a career-high 22 points to lead Marquette to 75-73 win over Georgetown Thursday.
WASHINGTON - It seemed appropriate that John Thompson III was fiddling with a stopwatch as he stood in the lobby of Georgetown's on-campus gym, speaking about a Hoyas team that has ventured far off-script. Time is running out in a season in which "start," ''stop" and "reset" became more than just buttons to press during a practice drill.
WASHINGTON - Markel Starks scored 22 points and guided an efficient Georgetown offense, which shot 52 percent from the floor, as the Hoyas beat Xavier 74-52 on Saturday.
NEWARK, New Jersey - Fuquan Edwin scored 21 points and Seton Hall defeated Georgetown 82-67 on Thursday night for its first sweep of the Hoyas since the 2002-03 season.
NEW YORK - Rysheed Jordan scored a career-high 24 to lead St. John's to an 82-60 win over Georgetown on Sunday night.
WASHINGTON - D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera scored 22 points, including his first successful 3-point attempts in more than two weeks, and Georgetown overcame a scoring spree from Bryce Cotton on Monday night to pull away for an 83-71 win over Providence.