- AP Interview: Kansas governor wants Guantanamo plans dropped Updated: Nov-13-15 7:48 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - With a White House report expected soon, Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback said Friday that President Barack Obama should drop efforts to move detainees from Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, and argued that the administration is already violating federal law by surveying potential prison sites.
- Capitol Hill Buzz: Clinton email squabble hits Senate Updated: Nov-11-15 1:36 pm
WASHINGTON - The squabble over Hillary Rodham Clinton's emails has hit the Senate.
- Congress OKs bill banning Guantanamo detainees from US Updated: Nov-11-15 12:19 am
WASHINGTON - Congress sent President Barack Obama a $607 billion defense policy bill that he is expected to sign even though he adamantly opposes its ban on moving some Guantanamo Bay detainees to U.S. prisons.
- Kansas senator puts hold on Obama nominee over Guantanamo Updated: Nov-04-15 11:06 pm
WASHINGTON - Kansas Sen. Pat Roberts on Wednesday placed a hold on President Barack Obama's nominee for the secretary of the Army to prevent the White House from taking executive action to close Guantanamo Bay and transfer detainees to the United States.
- 4 living ex-presidents join Eisenhower Memorial Commission Updated: Nov-03-15 6:06 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The four, living ex-U.S. presidents are all now on a committee working to commemorate President Dwight D. Eisenhower.