- Correction: Presidential Expenses story Updated: May-20-15 1:37 pm
WASHINGTON - In a story May 19 about expenses for former presidents, The Associated Press reported erroneously that former President George H.W. Bush left office in 1989. He took office that year and left office in 1993.
- Again? Agents likely 'impaired' in White House incident Updated: May-14-15 4:18 pm
WASHINGTON - What were they thinking?
- GOP congressman wants DC school vouchers to continue Updated: May-14-15 11:38 am
WASHINGTON - A leading House Republican says a school voucher program for District of Columbia students is successful and should continue.
- House panel targets 'glaring management failures' at EPA Updated: Apr-30-15 4:21 pm
WASHINGTON - The chairman of the House Oversight Committee blasted the Environmental Protection Agency Thursday for what he called "glaring management failures" that included promoting a senior employee even though he had been accused of sexual harassment and allowing three other employees to continue working at the agency despite admitting they watched pornography on the job.
- After decades, NFL decides to give up tax-exempt status Updated: Apr-28-15 7:14 pm
WASHINGTON - Every so often, in a bid to sound threatening, a member of Congress has vowed to revoke the NFL's tax-exempt status. Now Commissioner Roger Goodell says the league will give it up voluntarily to "eliminate this distraction."