- Time of tumult for House Republicans seeking new leadership Updated: Oct-03-15 2:21 pm
WASHINGTON - It's a tumultuous time for House Republicans, and leadership elections this coming week may only heighten the disarray. Dissatisfied lawmakers are casting about for new choices and a surprise longshot challenger is emerging in the speaker's race.
- AP Sources: Chaffetz to seek speaker bid against McCarthy Updated: Oct-02-15 4:29 pm
WASHINGTON - Republican Rep. Jason Chaffetz of Utah is planning to run for House speaker in a surprise longshot challenge to House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy.
- Secret Service director changes story in latest scandal Updated: Oct-02-15 2:13 pm
WASHINGTON - Secret Service Director Joseph Clancy is changing his story about what he knew and when in the most recent agency scandal.
- Facing Congress, Planned Parenthood chief rebuts videos Updated: Sep-29-15 5:34 pm
WASHINGTON - The head of Planned Parenthood defended the women's health organization Tuesday before a Republican-run Congress bent on slashing its federal funding, telling lawmakers that accusations against her group fed by stealthily recorded videos are "offensive and categorically untrue."
- Congressional Democrats push for Valeant Pharma subpoena Updated: Sep-28-15 2:38 pm
Congressional Democrats are pressing a Republican committee chairman to force a pharmaceutical company to turn over documents tied to price hikes imposed earlier this year.
- Agency chief: Air marshals in sex scandal should leave Updated: Sep-17-15 6:39 pm
WASHINGTON - Three federal air marshals accused of hiring prostitutes and recording at least one sexual encounter with a government-issued device are not representative of the Federal Air Marshal Service, the agency's head told lawmakers Thursday.
- Utah Rep. Love returning $1,000 used for Washington trip Updated: Sep-04-15 2:36 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - U.S. Rep. Mia Love of Utah said Friday she's repaying more than $1,000 in taxpayer funds she spent on a weekend trip to Washington, D.C., for a black-tie gala, though her office says the trip included some official business.
- GOP-ers say politics could interfere with probe of EPA spill Updated: Sep-03-15 6:37 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Some members of Congress say they're concerned that politics will influence the U.S. Interior Department's investigation of a toxic mine spill caused by another federal agency.
- Capitol Hill Buzz: Polishing senators' images on Wikipedia Updated: Sep-03-15 5:24 pm
WASHINGTON - Now we know how some Senate staffers keep busy during Congress' summer recess.