- House panel targets 'glaring management failures' at EPA Updated: Apr-30-15 4:21 pm
WASHINGTON - The chairman of the House Oversight Committee blasted the Environmental Protection Agency Thursday for what he called "glaring management failures" that included promoting a senior employee even though he had been accused of sexual harassment and allowing three other employees to continue working at the agency despite admitting they watched pornography on the job.
- FAA chief: Gyrocopter 'indistinguishable' from birds, kite Updated: Apr-29-15 4:15 pm
WASHINGTON - A small gyrocopter that flew through miles of the nation's most restricted airspace before landing at the U.S. Capitol was "indistinguishable" on radar from non-aircraft such as a flock of birds, a kite or a balloon, the head of the Federal Aviation Administration said Wednesday.
- After decades, NFL decides to give up tax-exempt status Updated: Apr-28-15 7:14 pm
WASHINGTON - Every so often, in a bid to sound threatening, a member of Congress has vowed to revoke the NFL's tax-exempt status. Now Commissioner Roger Goodell says the league will give it up voluntarily to "eliminate this distraction."
- Report: Alarm at G.H.W. Bush home broken for 13 months Updated: Apr-23-15 10:45 am
WASHINGTON - The alarm at former President George H.W. Bush's Texas home was broken for at least 13 months before the Secret Service fixed it, according to a report released Thursday by the Homeland Security Department's inspector general.
- DEA chief to retire amid pressure over agents' sex scandal Updated: Apr-21-15 6:55 pm
WASHINGTON - The embattled head of the Drug Enforcement Administration said Tuesday that she plans to retire after three decades with the agency, an announcement that came amid mounting pressure for her resignation from members of Congress who questioned her handling of misconduct allegations against agents.
- Utah Rep. Mia Love raises $440K in first months in Congress Updated: Apr-17-15 5:02 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Republican U.S. Rep. Mia Love raised more than $440,000 in her first three months in Congress, according to the newest batch of fundraising reports filed by Utah's congressional delegation with the Federal Election Commission.