- Indian heartland votes give BJP boon over Congress Updated: Dec-08-13 10:16 pm
- Mandela mourned as inspiration in many struggles Updated: Dec-06-13 2:24 pm
- Suspected Maoist rebels kill 7 in eastern India Updated: Dec-03-13 7:58 am
- Australian senator denounces Sri Lanka Updated: Nov-11-13 3:38 am
- Aussie PM asked to join Colombo summit boycott Updated: Nov-10-13 9:01 pm
- Call for Australian boycott of Sri Lanka summit Updated: Nov-10-13 7:22 pm
NEW DELHI - India's main Hindu nationalist party trounced the nationally ruling Congress in four heartland states and knocked them out of the Indian capital in a ballot contest closely watched for clues to next year's general election.
Nelson Mandela led black South Africans in their struggle to throw off the yoke of white rule and then helped the entire nation heal the wounds of racial division.
PATNA, India - Suspected Maoist rebels detonated a roadside bomb in eastern India on Tuesday, killing six police officers and their driver, police said.
CANBERRA, Australia - An Australian senator accused the Sri Lankan government of trying to hide crimes against humanity and called on her government to boycott an international summit in Colombo after she was detained by authorities there.
CANBERRA, Australia - Australia's prime minister was under mounting pressure Monday to join his Indian and Canadian counterparts in boycotting a British Commonwealth summit in Sri Lanka this week over concerns about the island nation's human rights record.
CANBERRA, Australia - An Australian senator has called on her government to boycott a summit of British Commonwealth leaders in Sri Lanka this week after she and a New Zealand lawmaker were detained by authorities there.