- 14 Republicans to be on SC's presidential primary ballot Updated: Nov-30-15 4:18 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The South Carolina Republican Party says it has certified 14 candidates to be on the ballot for the party's presidential primary on Feb. 20.
- EPA boosts amount of ethanol in gasoline supply Updated: Nov-30-15 3:10 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration is boosting the amount of corn-based ethanol and other renewable fuels in the U.S. gasoline supply despite sustained opposition by an unusual alliance of oil companies, environmentalists and some GOP presidential candidates.
- McCarthy predicts no gov't shutdown over Planned Parenthood Updated: Nov-30-15 2:50 pm
WASHINGTON - A top House leader predicted Monday that Washington will avoid stumbling into a government shutdown next week over a tea party-backed drive to take away Planned Parenthood's funding.
- High court's election-year lineup rich in high-profile cases Updated: Nov-30-15 1:05 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court's lineup of new cases is fit for an election year.
- Paul files for president, re-election in Kentucky Updated: Nov-30-15 12:59 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - U.S. Sen. Rand Paul officially filed for re-election and for president in his home state Monday, a move he insists does not undermine his faltering presidential campaign.
- Florida's 2 main parties turn in names for March primary Updated: Nov-30-15 11:55 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida's two main political parties are turning in the names of the candidates that will appear on the March primary ballot.
- After Paris, US political shift on privacy vs. security Updated: Nov-28-15 8:42 am
WASHINGTON - The Paris attacks have renewed debate on the U.S. government's post-Sept. 11 domestic surveillance laws, leading to efforts to revive the issue on Capitol Hill and handing Marco Rubio an opening against Ted Cruz in the Republican presidential race.
- Hillary Clinton plans fundraising stop in Tulsa Updated: Nov-27-15 3:25 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton is planning a fundraising stop early next month in Tulsa.
- Presidential contenders differ sharply on climate, Updated: Nov-27-15 2:50 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders calls climate change the greatest threat to national security. Front-runner Hillary Rodham Clinton promises to install more than 500 million solar panels across the country.
- Some key GOP activists in Ohio still wrestling with pick Updated: Nov-27-15 12:38 pm
CINCINNATI - The shopping days before the presidential nominating season begins are dwindling, leaving Republican activists in a GOP stronghold region of Ohio still checking the field's long list to choose the right candidate for them.
- Clarification: Congress-Health Repeal story Updated: Nov-25-15 3:58 pm
WASHINGTON - In a story Nov. 24, The Associated Press listed Sen. Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H., as one of several Republican senators who might find it difficult to vote for a bill eliminating federal money for Planned Parenthood.
- Child actor breaks molds in ad that lit up the internet Updated: Nov-25-15 11:32 am
BILOXI, Mississippi - Some say Taylor Gregory's part in a viral Barbie doll commercial is shattering gender roles, and believe he's become a face for LGBT members who recall catching flak for playing with dolls.
- Recent editorials from Texas newspapers Updated: Nov-24-15 8:31 pm
The Dallas Morning News. Nov. 23, 2015.
- Texas' Abbott will be next US governor to visit Cuba Updated: Nov-24-15 7:22 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Republican Texas Gov. Greg Abbott announced Tuesday that he will travel to Cuba after the Thanksgiving holiday, becoming the latest U.S. governor to pursue economic development possibilities with the island nation amid easing trade restrictions.
- Since '01, Clintons collected $35M from financial businesses Updated: Nov-24-15 4:16 pm
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton wants voters to know she is no friend of Wall Street. But Wall Street has frequently been a friend to her.
- Panel to decide Trump, Sanders, Cruz, primary eligibility Updated: Nov-24-15 4:05 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's Ballot Law Commission is preparing to decide whether Democrat Bernie Sanders and Republicans Donald Trump and Ted Cruz are eligible for the state's presidential primary ballot.
- Rubio joins field for spot in Kansas Republican caucus Updated: Nov-23-15 6:38 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Sen. Marco Rubio has filed for the Kansas Republican President caucus, making him the sixth presidential contender to file in the state.
- Republicans' tough Senate map gets another twist Updated: Nov-23-15 5:03 pm
WASHINGTON - Republicans' plans to defend their Senate majority in 2016 just got a bit more complicated.
- AP FACT CHECK: Most GOP candidates flunk climate science Updated: Nov-22-15 10:52 am
WASHINGTON - When it comes to climate science, two of the three Democratic presidential candidates are A students, while most of the Republican contenders are flunking, according to a panel of scientists who reviewed candidates' comments.
- Oklahoma's Mullin backs Rubio's bid for president in 2016 Updated: Nov-20-15 3:32 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - U.S. Rep. Markwayne Mullin says he's endorsing U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida in his bid for the presidency.
- Rubio and Cruz compete for Iowa evangelicals Updated: Nov-20-15 11:15 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Sens. Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio have been sparring over national security and immigration policy as their rivalry intensifies in the Republican presidential primary race. Now their conflict is moving to Iowa and a powerful evangelical constituency that Rubio is making a play for, months after rivals sank roots.
- Rubio says Cruz hurt US intelligence programs with stance Updated: Nov-18-15 7:48 pm
MIAMI - Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio says his rival Ted Cruz worked with Democrats to harm U.S. intelligence programs by restricting the federal government's bulk phone records collection program.
- Editorial Roundup: Excerpts from recent editorials Updated: Nov-18-15 6:26 pm
Excerpts from recent editorials in newspapers in the United States and abroad:
- Colorado Editorial Roundup Updated: Nov-18-15 5:51 pm
The Durango Herald, Nov. 17, on Syrian refugees:
- 17 candidates on Michigan's presidential primary list Updated: Nov-18-15 5:07 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Fourteen Republicans and three Democrats are on Michigan's list of presidential candidates for the March 8 primary election.