- Exit poll: Indiana GOP voters pick Trump, but party divided Updated: May-04-16 8:06 am
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump called for GOP unity after his Indiana primary victory Tuesday night, but exit polls suggest he's facing a significant intraparty rift.
- The Latest: Trump says he'll accept small contributions Updated: May-04-16 7:35 am
WASHINGTON - The Latest on the 2016 presidential campaign (all times EDT):
- Trump, Clinton all but certain to face off in fall campaign Updated: May-04-16 7:20 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Once dismissed as a fringe contender, businessman Donald Trump now is all but certain to lead the Republican Party into the fall presidential campaign against Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton - a stunning political triumph for a first-time candidate whose appeal to frustrated voters was widely underestimated.
- Warren unleashes Twitter storm on Trump Updated: May-04-16 5:55 am
WASHINGTON - Senator Elizabeth Warren has taken to Twitter to attack what she calls presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump's "toxic stew of hatred & insecurity."
- As Trump wins, Clinton exploring how to win over Republicans Updated: May-04-16 3:20 am
ATHENS, Ohio - With Donald Trump all but clinching the Republican nomination for president, Hillary Clinton is beginning to explore ways to woo Republicans turned off by the brash billionaire.
- Trump virtually clinches Republican presidential nomination Updated: May-04-16 1:07 am
INDIANAPOLIS - In a stunning triumph for a political outsider, Donald Trump all but clinched the Republican presidential nomination Tuesday with a resounding victory in Indiana that knocked rival Ted Cruz out of the race and cleared Trump's path to a likely November face-off with Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton.
- Mississippi governor supporting Trump for president Updated: May-04-16 12:34 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant says he is supporting Donald Trump for president.
- Wealthy newcomer grabs US House nod, while Trump, Young win Updated: May-03-16 11:06 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A wealthy political newcomer and a state senator won the Republican primaries for Indiana's two open congressional seats on Tuesday as Donald Trump scored a big victory in the presidential race and Rep. Todd Young captured the GOP's Senate nomination.
- The Latest: Sanders gets delegate boost; challenge remains Updated: May-03-16 10:47 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on campaign 2016 as voters in Indiana head to the polls for the state primary (all times Eastern):
- Ted Cruz had 3 rallies planned in Washington Updated: May-03-16 8:44 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Republican presidential nominee hopeful Ted Cruz had planned to be in Washington state this week but the Texas senator has suspended his campaign.
- Congressman Palazzo endorses Trump for president Updated: May-03-16 8:19 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A Republican Mississippi congressman is endorsing Donald Trump for president.
- Viewer's Guide: Cruz, Sanders want campaign boost in Indiana Updated: May-03-16 12:22 pm
WASHINGTON - Ted Cruz and Bernie Sanders are all-in for Indiana as they try to stave off the growing aura of inevitability surrounding their opponents. But Donald Trump says his general election race against Hillary Clinton has "sort of already started." Clinton may not say as much, but she largely agrees. On what could be a pivotal night for Cruz, Trump is strongly favored in the state's GOP primary. Sanders and Hillary Clinton are in a tighter race on the Democratic side.
- Trump running mate? Not so fast, says Sen. Susan Collins Updated: May-03-16 9:23 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Sen. Susan Collins said she's amused to find herself thrust into the discussion of potential running mates for Donald Trump.
- Trump's Washoe County delegates meeting in Sparks Monday Updated: May-02-16 6:29 pm
SPARKS, Nevada - Washoe County Republican delegates supporting Donald Trump are gathering in Sparks to plan for the state GOP convention in Reno later this month.
- Trump has a 'plan B' for convention - outside help Updated: May-02-16 3:46 am
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump has a Plan B if he's faced with a contested convention, and it involves the sort of outside groups that he's called "corrupt."
- Gender politics playing a big role for Trump, Clinton Updated: May-02-16 3:45 am
WASHINGTON - She has no stamina. She shouts. She's got nothing going for her but being a woman.
- GOP Senate candidates make pitches at state convention Updated: May-01-16 7:08 pm
BURLINGAME, California - Republican candidates for U.S. Senate made cameo appearances Sunday before a sparse crowd at a state party convention, underscoring the scant public attention the contest has generated in a state dominated by Democrats.
- Poll: Clinton has big lead over Trump in Minnesota Updated: May-01-16 3:29 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A new statewide poll conducted for the Star Tribune finds Democrat Hillary Clinton holding a big lead over Republican Donald Trump among Minnesota voters.
- TV attack ads start fast in Pennsylvania Senate race Updated: May-01-16 11:00 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Democrat Katie McGinty had barely finished her victory speech celebrating a 10-point Pennsylvania primary win for the nomination to challenge Republican U.S. Sen. Pat Toomey before TV attack ads began flying in a general election contest that could tilt political control of the U.S. Senate.
- CA convention is a homecoming of sorts for Carly Fiorina Updated: May-01-16 8:09 am
BURLINGAME, California - When Carly Fiorina spoke at the California Republican Party convention at a hotel outside San Francisco airport, it was a brief homecoming of sorts for the newly minted vice presidential candidate.
- Trump backers yell foul over loss at Arizona GOP convention Updated: May-01-16 5:46 am
PHOENIX - Texas Sen. Ted Cruz pulled out a strategic victory at the Arizona Republican Party convention, nailing down a large majority of delegates to the national convention amid cheating accusations from backers of businessman Donald Trump.
- Obama out: President closes out his run as comedian-in-chief Updated: May-01-16 5:01 am
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama performed his brand of sharp-tongued comedy at the White House Correspondents' Dinner for the last time - wrapping up with "Obama out" and dropping the mic while the crowd cheered.
- The Latest: Trump backers yell foul over Arizona party loss Updated: Apr-30-16 9:02 pm
MESA, Arizona - The Latest on the Arizona Republican Party convention (all times local):
- Jim Gilmore denied spot as GOP delegate to convention Updated: Apr-30-16 8:06 pm
HARRISONBURG, Virginia - Jim Gilmore can't catch a break.
- Cruz wins majority of delegates at Virginia convention Updated: Apr-30-16 7:56 pm
HARRISONBURG, Virginia - Supporters of U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz prevailed over backers of front-runner Donald Trump in a fight Saturday over delegates to the national Republican party convention, delegates that could help decide who becomes the GOP presidential nominee.