- Missouri GOP lawmakers use numbers to cut social safety net Updated: May-18-15 7:51 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Republicans leveraged their large majorities in the Missouri Legislature to slash welfare and unemployment benefits this year in an effort they say will spur some people to find work and help businesses. But Democrats call the changes an "all-out attack" on the poor.
- Missouri Senate roll call on 'right-to-work' legislation Updated: May-12-15 9:07 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The 21-13 roll call vote Tuesday on a measure that would prohibit union contracts with employers that allow the collection of fees from non-members, sometimes called right to work.
- Historian retires; climate foes back chem bill Updated: May-07-15 3:16 pm
WASHINGTON - Senate historian Donald Ritchie is stepping down from his "front-row seat to the best show in town."
- Missouri Senate roll call on override of welfare limit cuts Updated: May-04-15 7:43 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The 25-9 roll call vote Monday by which the Missouri Senate overrode Gov. Jay Nixon's veto of a measure to lower the lifetime limit for people to receive temporary cash assistance from five years to three years and nine months. The measure also needs a two-thirds vote in the House to override the governor's veto.
- Missouri Senate roll call vote on gas tax for road funding Updated: Apr-30-15 4:40 pm
The 18-13 roll call vote Thursday by which the Missouri Senate gave initial approval to a measure that would increase the diesel fuel tax by 3.5 cents a gallon and the tax on other gasoline by 1.5 cents.