- PGA cancels Grand Slam of Golf at Trump National in LA Updated: Sep-03-15 11:33 am
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Florida - The PGA of America will not hold its Grand Slam of Golf for the major champions this year.
- Iran deal will survive in Congress despite GOP opposition Updated: Sep-03-15 8:48 am
WASHINGTON - The Iran nuclear deal strongly backed by President Barack Obama and just as ardently opposed by the GOP is now on track to get through Congress.
- Elections chief sums up ballot issues as about monopolies Updated: Sep-02-15 8:17 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's elections chief sums up the three statewide initiatives before voters this fall as being about one thing: monopolies.
- Unmasked, Stephen Colbert debuts Tuesday hosting 'Late Show' Updated: Sep-02-15 12:31 pm
NEW YORK - Stephen Colbert is about to turn a corner in his career: onto Broadway at 54th Street.
- Archbishop assails Trump over birthright citizenship repeal Updated: Sep-01-15 9:04 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The leader of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Philadelphia on Tuesday attacked GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump's call for ending automatic citizenship for children born to immigrants living illegally in the U.S., saying the idea "plays on our worst fears and resentments."
- Toronto mayor vows to hold Trump tower accountable Updated: Sep-01-15 6:22 pm
TORONTO - An antenna at the top of the Trump International Hotel and Tower Toronto that had been deemed unstable poses "no safety risk whatsoever," police said Tuesday.
- Board sends lobbyist contribution question to Legislature Updated: Sep-01-15 5:50 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin election officials asked the Legislature on Tuesday to address whether lobbyists can make contributions to Republican Gov. Scott Walker's presidential candidate and when donations could start.
- Donald Trump among next week's guests on 'The Tonight Show' Updated: Sep-01-15 12:24 pm
NEW YORK - Donald Trump is returning to NBC.
- SC's Graham filing papers for home state Republican primary Updated: Sep-01-15 6:13 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina's Lindsey Graham is making his presidential campaign official in his home state.
- Christie tells Fallon he might 'go nuclear' in next debate Updated: Sep-01-15 12:07 am
NEW YORK - Chris Christie says he's thinking of taking a more aggressive approach during the next Republican presidential primary debate.
- NY ethics board drops Trump complaint about attorney general Updated: Aug-31-15 8:25 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York's ethics commission has dropped Donald Trump's complaint that the state attorney general engaged in misconduct during an investigation of the former Trump University.
- Legal experts see no criminal trouble for Clinton thus far Updated: Aug-31-15 5:32 pm
WASHINGTON - Experts in government secrecy law see almost no possibility of criminal action against Hillary Clinton or her top aides in connection with now-classified information sent over unsecure email while she was secretary of state, based on the public evidence thus far.
- Trump makes an appearance at Barclays Updated: Aug-30-15 6:29 pm
EDISON, New Jersey - Jim Herman played in the group in front of Tiger Woods last week on the PGA Tour, giving him a little experience in coping with gallery noise behind him. Sunday at The Barclays was slightly different. It wasn't the size of the gallery, it was one person.
- Walker says wall along Canadian border worth reviewing Updated: Aug-30-15 10:30 am
WASHINGTON - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is putting a new twist on the topic of securing the border, a staple among the GOP candidates running for president, by pointing north.
- Rand Paul closes Western states campaign swing in Utah Updated: Aug-29-15 8:01 pm
OREM, Utah - Rand Paul trumpeted his message of less intrusive government to supporters in Utah on Saturday, the last day of a five-state Western campaign swing.
- Immigration shift shows India, China outpacing Mexico Updated: Aug-29-15 6:05 pm
DALLAS - Siddharth Jaganath wanted to return to India after earning his master's degree at Texas' Southern Methodist University. Instead, he built a new life in the U.S. over a decade, becoming a manager at a communications technology company and starting a family in the Dallas suburb of Plano.
- Experts say tough talk on China overlooks economic realities Updated: Aug-29-15 3:17 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - If there was ever a week for the Republican presidential candidates to talk tough on China, this was it. Spurred by the stock market's wild ride, they lashed out at the world's most populous nation.
- The Latest: Sanders says party needs huge voter turnout Updated: Aug-28-15 4:39 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Here are the latest developments Friday from the Democratic National Committee meeting in Minneapolis, where four Democratic presidential candidates are addressing the party.
- Abortion-rights activists to protest Trump fundraiser Updated: Aug-28-15 3:26 pm
NORWOOD, Massachusetts - Abortion-rights activists are planning to protest outside a private fundraiser for Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump on Friday night.
- Mexican ambassador-designate downplays Donald Trump comments Updated: Aug-28-15 1:12 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's ambassador-designate to Washington sought to downplay Donald Trump's comments on Mexico, telling a Senate confirmation hearing on Friday that Trump is simply playing politics.
- GOP candidate Trump to offer plan to overhaul US tax code Updated: Aug-28-15 7:42 am
WASHINGTON - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is promising to offer a plan within a month to overhaul the tax system, calling himself "king of the tax code."
- Christie embarks on TV blitz to gain campaign traction Updated: Aug-27-15 7:18 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie embarked on a TV blitz Thursday as he works to gain traction in his 2016 Republican presidential primary campaign.
- Ben Carson gains support as the other political outsider Updated: Aug-27-15 5:37 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Ben Carson's genial way of politicking is proving to be a draw for voters who like Donald Trump's status as a outsider but not his belligerence.
- Kobach: Trump correct on immigration proposals Updated: Aug-27-15 5:26 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach said he agrees with Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump's proposals to build a wall along the southern border and end "birthright citizenship" for children born to parents who are in the U.S. illegally.
- Trump, Cruz to hold joint event to blast Iran deal Updated: Aug-27-15 5:17 pm
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - GOP presidential candidates Donald Trump and Ted Cruz are expected to headline a Capitol Hill rally against President Obama's proposed nuclear agreement with Iran, both candidates confirmed Thursday.