- Presidential contenders differ sharply on climate, Updated: Nov-27-15 2:50 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders calls climate change the greatest threat to national security. Front-runner Hillary Rodham Clinton promises to install more than 500 million solar panels across the country.
- Likud lawmaker's antics make him bad boy of Israeli politics Updated: Nov-27-15 1:03 pm
JERUSALEM - Over the years, the Israeli parliament has seen its fair share of questionable characters. But it's unlikely anyone has ever been so perpetually engulfed in scandal in so short a time as freshman Likud lawmaker Oren Hazan.
- Some key GOP activists in Ohio still wrestling with pick Updated: Nov-27-15 12:38 pm
CINCINNATI - The shopping days before the presidential nominating season begins are dwindling, leaving Republican activists in a GOP stronghold region of Ohio still checking the field's long list to choose the right candidate for them.
- Trump to campaign in Sarasota Updated: Nov-27-15 6:50 am
MIAMI - Republican presidential candidate front-runner Donald Trump returns to Florida for a campaign rally on Saturday.
- Rosie O'Donnell's take on Trump campaign: 'A nightmare' Updated: Nov-24-15 9:13 pm
LOS ANGELES - Rosie O'Donnell isn't mincing words when it comes to Donald Trump's presidential campaign.
- Panel to decide Trump, Sanders, Cruz, primary eligibility Updated: Nov-24-15 4:05 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's Ballot Law Commission is preparing to decide whether Democrat Bernie Sanders and Republicans Donald Trump and Ted Cruz are eligible for the state's presidential primary ballot.
- NBC agrees to give time to 4 Republican candidates Updated: Nov-23-15 7:29 pm
NEW YORK - NBC agreed Monday to give four Republican presidential candidates free time on affiliates in Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina after they complained Donald Trump unfairly benefited from appearing as "Saturday Night Live" host earlier this month.
- Group wary of new mosque and any refugees in Gillette Updated: Nov-23-15 7:29 pm
GILLETTE, Wyoming - In the masjid, the room is quiet, a pair of ticking of clocks the only sound. Then, perhaps in protest, a truck rumbles loudly by, the driver revving his engine.
- Rubio joins field for spot in Kansas Republican caucus Updated: Nov-23-15 6:38 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Sen. Marco Rubio has filed for the Kansas Republican President caucus, making him the sixth presidential contender to file in the state.
- Rival campaign, protesters gear up as Trump hits Ohio Updated: Nov-23-15 5:38 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ahead of Donald Trump's first Ohio campaign stop Monday, supporters of Gov. John Kasich's presidential bid said that the Ohio Republican has the resume to avoid making the type of inflammatory statements that are tripping up GOP rivals who lack similar government experience.
- Republicans' tough Senate map gets another twist Updated: Nov-23-15 5:03 pm
WASHINGTON - Republicans' plans to defend their Senate majority in 2016 just got a bit more complicated.
- AP FACT CHECK: Most GOP candidates flunk climate science Updated: Nov-22-15 10:52 am
WASHINGTON - When it comes to climate science, two of the three Democratic presidential candidates are A students, while most of the Republican contenders are flunking, according to a panel of scientists who reviewed candidates' comments.
- Rubio and Cruz compete for Iowa evangelicals Updated: Nov-20-15 11:15 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Sens. Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio have been sparring over national security and immigration policy as their rivalry intensifies in the Republican presidential primary race. Now their conflict is moving to Iowa and a powerful evangelical constituency that Rubio is making a play for, months after rivals sank roots.
- The ultimate running game: a Tom Brady play for president Updated: Nov-20-15 10:19 am
BOSTON - Never mind what Tom Brady says about making a play for the White House: Fans are clinging to 0.0001 odds he'll reconsider the ultimate running game someday.
- Lafourcade wins 4 Latin Grammys, Guerra takes 3 Updated: Nov-20-15 8:06 am
LAS VEGAS - Natalia Lafourcade was the big winner Thursday at the Latin Grammy Awards, making good on four of her five nominations for her album "Hasta la Raiz." But the Mexican singer-songwriter lost out on the top prize, album of the year, which went to Dominican bachata artist Juan Luis Guerra for "Todo Tiene su Hora."
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump claims 100M people looking for work Updated: Nov-20-15 7:07 am
NEWTON, Iowa - Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump often argues the number of people looking for work in the U.S. far surpasses government figures, something he says helps fuel the discontent that drives thousands of people to his rallies.
- Bush and Clinton seek to grab leadership mantle after Paris Updated: Nov-20-15 3:41 am
WASHINGTON - In a presidential campaign that has suddenly shifted in focus to terrorism and security, Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton and Republican Jeb Bush both see opportunities to cast themselves as best prepared to be commander in chief in tumultuous times.
- Study finds more Mexicans leaving the US than coming Updated: Nov-19-15 7:18 pm
SAN DIEGO - More Mexicans are leaving than moving into the United States, reversing the flow of a half-century of mass migration, according to a study published Thursday.
- 8 Syrian refugees turn themselves in at US-Mexico border Updated: Nov-19-15 5:58 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Eight Syrian refugees turned themselves in to immigration authorities along the U.S.-Mexico border this week, officials said Thursday. Their arrival and uncertainty about their future in the United States comes at a time of political upheaval over Syrian refugees following the deadly Paris attacks.
- GOP candidate Carson cites common sense on foreign policy Updated: Nov-19-15 9:32 am
CINCINNATI - Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson is trying to brush aside questions about his readiness to deal with foreign policy issues, saying he has overseas experience and common sense.
- Springsteen, Legend among performers at all-star concert Updated: Nov-19-15 6:07 am
LOS ANGELES - Bruce Springsteen rocked out with John Legend, Eric Church teamed up with Smokey Robinson, and Miguel wailed alongside Tori Kelly at a musical event focusing on race relations in America.
- Colorado Editorial Roundup Updated: Nov-18-15 5:51 pm
The Durango Herald, Nov. 17, on Syrian refugees:
- 17 candidates on Michigan's presidential primary list Updated: Nov-18-15 5:07 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Fourteen Republicans and three Democrats are on Michigan's list of presidential candidates for the March 8 primary election.
- Jindal heads home to Louisiana after ending presidential bid Updated: Nov-18-15 3:19 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - After ending his run for the Republican presidential nomination, Gov. Bobby Jindal was back in Louisiana on Wednesday, grappling with state budget troubles and beginning to plan for the transition to his replacement.
- Bush calls for US ground forces to fight Islamic State Updated: Nov-18-15 2:42 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush on Wednesday called for the U.S. to send more troops to the Middle East to fight the Islamic State.