- Name change sought for area named for confederate officer Updated: Jun-25-15 6:35 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Gov. Bill Walker plans to change the name of an Alaska census district named for confederate military leader Wade Hampton.
- Reaction to health care decision mixed in Alaska Updated: Jun-25-15 12:54 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - More than 16,000 Alaskans will be able to keep federal subsidies to help cover health insurance premium costs following a U.S. Supreme Court decision.
- Walker supports renaming of area that honors slave owner Updated: Jun-25-15 9:40 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A Western Alaska census area named after a former slave owner and Confederate general will be getting renamed.
- Bill seeking creation of Native corporations in Congress Updated: Jun-19-15 4:53 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Congress is picking up a bill that would create corporations for residents of five southeast Alaska communities left out of a landmark land settlement decades ago.
- GOP-run Senate panel takes on Obama environmental rules Updated: Jun-18-15 1:52 pm
WASHINGTON - Republicans controlling a powerful Senate committee moved Thursday to block Obama administration initiatives to curb global warming, issue new clean water rules and regulate hydraulic fracturing on federal land.