- Senate panel passes bill lifting crude oil export ban Updated: Jul-30-15 5:37 pm
WASHINGTON - A Senate panel approved energy legislation Thursday that would lift the 40-year-old ban on crude oil exports and open more areas of the Arctic, Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean to oil and gas exploration.
- New director chosen for Alaska Division of Elections Updated: Jul-27-15 7:46 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Lt. Gov. Byron Mallott has chosen a new director for Alaska's Division of Elections.
- Senate panel would allow marijuana vendors to use banks Updated: Jul-23-15 4:07 pm
WASHINGTON - A Senate panel voted Thursday to make it easier for businesses that legally produce and sell marijuana to do business with banks and other financial services providers.
- Murkowski raises nearly $1.1 million in latest quarter Updated: Jul-15-15 6:45 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - U.S. Sen. Lisa Murkowski brought in nearly $1.1 million toward her re-election bid in the latest quarter.
- To rename or not? Institutions reconsider honors for racists Updated: Jul-05-15 10:31 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The massacre at a predominantly black South Carolina church has institutions from Alaska to Connecticut evaluating whether they should continue enshrining the names of historical figures linked to slavery and the Confederacy.