- White House: Scrap drilling revenue sharing with Gulf states Updated: Feb-10-16 7:33 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Louisiana's U.S. senators and environmental groups are blasting the White House for proposing to help Alaska deal with rising seas by taking money away from similar efforts along the Gulf Coast.
- In Obama's final year, Senate is slow to act on his nominees Updated: Feb-05-16 5:28 pm
WASHINGTON - If you wear combat fatigues to work, then your nomination is almost sure to sail through the Senate. If not, you're likely in for a long wait.
- Senate Democrats block energy bill in impasse over Flint Updated: Feb-04-16 3:53 pm
WASHINGTON - Senate Democrats on Thursday blocked the first bipartisan energy bill in almost a decade after majority Republicans balked over sending hundreds of millions of dollars in emergency aid to Flint, Michigan, to fix and replace the city's lead-contaminated pipes.
- Sen. Manchin joins growing opposition to FDA nominee Updated: Jan-27-16 4:22 pm
WASHINGTON - Add West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin to the growing list of lawmakers vowing to block President Barack Obama's nominee to head the Food and Drug Administration.
- 2017 Arctic Council ministerial meeting will be in Fairbanks Updated: Jan-26-16 4:08 am
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Fairbanks has been selected to host the next ministerial meeting of the Arctic Council in 2017.
- Dates set for State of Judiciary, US senator speeches Updated: Jan-22-16 3:58 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The dates have been set for the annual addresses by Alaska's two U.S. senators to the state Legislature.