- Begich proposes gas project bill Updated: Mar-07-14 2:58 pm
- Sen. Mark Begich: Public money for public schools Updated: Mar-03-14 10:20 pm
- Pay raises, Begich speech things to watch Updated: Mar-02-14 2:31 pm
- EPA starts process that could restrict Pebble Mine Updated: Feb-28-14 8:46 pm
- Senate candidates weigh in on Arctic issues Updated: Feb-22-14 1:46 pm
- Murkowski wants empowered Arctic representative Updated: Feb-20-14 7:04 am
- State Department plans Arctic representative Updated: Feb-14-14 6:57 pm
- Senators split on debt limit vote Updated: Feb-13-14 12:34 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - U.S. Sen. Mark Begich has proposed a bill that would have a federal official help Alaska with a major project to export liquefied natural gas overseas.
JUNEAU, Alaska - U.S. Sen. Mark Begich said Monday that Alaskans should never amend the state constitution as a "fix" for education.
JUNEAU, Alaska - In years past, work in the Legislature during the first week of March would slow substantially, if not grind to a near halt, to allow lawmakers to travel to The Energy Council and other meetings in Washington, D.C. Some would take time to return home to meet with constituents.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency announced it is taking the first steps toward restricting or even prohibiting development of a massive gold-and-copper prospect near the headwaters of a premier sockeye salmon fishery in southwest Alaska - though no final decision has been made.
JUNEAU, Alaska - In the lead-up to this year's elections, The Associated Press plans to publish an occasional list featuring the positions of the highest-profile Alaska U.S. Senate candidates on different issues.
JUNEAU, Alaska - U.S. Sen. Lisa Murkowski says she wants to ensure the country's Arctic representative isn't relegated to the "kids' table."
JUNEAU, Alaska - The U.S. State Department plans to create an Arctic representative position to highlight the growing importance of that region.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Alaska's two U.S. senators split on a vote on raising the federal debt limit