- Manfred says Yanks have grounds to not pay A-Rod bonus Updated: May-21-15 8:30 pm
NEW YORK - Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred said he thinks the New York Yankees have grounds not to pay Alex Rodriguez a $6 million marketing bonus for tying Willie Mays for fourth place on the career home run list.
- A-Rod's strikeout ends Yankees' 3-2 loss to Nationals Updated: May-20-15 11:51 pm
WASHINGTON - As he watched the last, 95 mph pitch land in the catcher's mitt, and heard the plate umpire's game-ending strike call, Alex Rodriguez threw his head back.
- Steinbrenner on A-Rod: 'He's been a great asset' Updated: May-20-15 11:45 pm
NEW YORK - Now that Alex Rodriguez has more home runs than lawsuits, the New York Yankees are happy with him.
- After Harper's ejection, Span lifts Nats past Yankees 3-2 Updated: May-20-15 11:26 pm
WASHINGTON - Bryce Harper is not known for hiding his thoughts, and so he certainly did not shy away from sharing what was on his mind after getting ejected from a game for the second time in seven days.
- A-Rod out of Yankees' lineup with no DH at Nationals Park Updated: May-19-15 7:06 pm
WASHINGTON - Alex Rodriguez was out of the Yankees' lineup against the Nationals because no designated hitter is used in games at NL ballparks.
- Edinson Volquez dominates as Royals roll past Yankees, 6-0 Updated: May-17-15 6:05 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Edinson Volquez had such violent movement on his fastball Sunday that Royals manager Ned Yost said catcher Salvador Perez actually turned around to ask plate umpire Chris Guccione whether there was anything he could do to help out.
- Duffy better, gets same result as Royals fall to Yankees Updated: May-16-15 11:02 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Danny Duffy had better location on his fastball. He limited the damage after walking the bases loaded in the third inning. He felt stronger than he has in a while.
- Rene Rivera homers and drives in 4, Rays beat Yankees 6-1 Updated: May-14-15 11:11 pm
- Beltre, Rodriguez carry Rangers to 2-1 win over Rays Updated: May-10-15 6:21 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Adrian Beltre believes he knows why the Texas Rangers haven't been scoring much lately.
- Pineda strikes out 16, Yankees beat Orioles 6-2 Updated: May-10-15 6:15 pm
NEW YORK - Michael Pineda knew right after he threw his first slider he was going to have a great day. It took a few more innings before he realized how special this start was going to be.
- Column: After sullied week in sports, let's all shower off Updated: May-08-15 6:02 pm
After a sullied week in sports, we sure could use a shower.
- A-Rod passes Willie Mays for 4th on HR list with No. 661 Updated: May-08-15 12:18 am
NEW YORK - Alex Rodriguez passed Willie Mays for fourth place on the career homer list, connecting for No. 661 Thursday night an at-bat after he was robbed of the milestone drive by a leaping catch.
- Buehrle beats Yankees, Blue Jays win 5-1 Updated: May-06-15 11:00 pm
- Ellsbury has 4 hits, leads Yankees to 8-5 win over Red Sox Updated: May-04-15 1:12 am
BOSTON - Andrew Miller had a chance to seal the New York Yankees' sweep by retiring the bottom of the Red Sox order.
- Yankees say they don't plan to pay home run bonus to A-Rod Updated: May-02-15 7:41 pm
BOSTON - New York Yankees general manager Brian Cashman says the team doesn't plan to pay a $6 million bonus to Alex Rodriguez for his 660th home run.
- A-Rod hits 660th homer, question of $6 million looms Updated: May-02-15 2:56 am
BOSTON - No. 660 is in the book. Will $6 million get in the bank?
- A-Rod 0 for 6 with 4 Ks as Yanks lose to Rays 3-2 in 13 Updated: Apr-29-15 9:33 pm
NEW YORK - One home run from tying Willie Mays for fourth place at 660, A-Rod was A-Worst.
- Mets, Astros, A-Rod highlight first month Updated: Apr-29-15 5:02 pm
From the Amazin' Mets to A-Rod smacking homers, it's been a wacky first month in the majors.
- Mistake-prone Mets lose 6-4 to Yanks in Subway Series finale Updated: Apr-27-15 1:29 am
NEW YORK - After a sensational start, the New York Mets made four errors Sunday night and reverted back to the shoddy brand of baseball that's led to six straight losing seasons.
- A-Rod hits No. 659, Yanks beat Mets 6-4 to win Subway Series Updated: Apr-27-15 12:50 am
NEW YORK - Alex Rodriguez is one big swing from matching Willie Mays. Whether the New York Yankees would celebrate that achievement - or pay for it, for that matter - remains to be seen.
- A-Rod hits 659th homer, moves within 1 of Mays for 4th place Updated: Apr-26-15 9:02 pm
- Baseball manager's lifesaving legacy grows Updated: Apr-26-15 1:16 am
HOLMES BEACH, Florida - At the end of an island, in the back of a baseball field, on the fringe of obscurity, there is an unpretentious plaque dedicated to a man whose immeasurable legacy continues to grow.
- A-Rod, Yankees no match for Harvey in 8-2 loss to Mets Updated: Apr-25-15 9:18 pm
- Bronx bristle: Yanks growing mustaches during winning streak Updated: Apr-25-15 5:49 pm
NEW YORK - There's something hairy going on in the New York Yankees clubhouse.
- BALCO & Biogenesis may be over, but steroids cloud remains Updated: Apr-23-15 9:36 pm
NEW YORK - Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens have moved on, their names cleared. The cloud of steroids remains over baseball and all sports.