- Yanks still have not led playoff game since Jeter got hurt Updated: Oct-07-15 1:31 am
NEW YORK - The Yankees still have not led in a postseason game since Derek Jeter sprawled in the dirt three years ago, screaming in pain from a broken ankle.
- Keuchel sharp, Astros beat Yankees 3-0 in AL wild-card game Updated: Oct-07-15 1:08 am
NEW YORK - A year ago, no one could've pictured this. Yet here they were, Dallas Keuchel and the Houston Astros, soaking in champagne, merrily posing for a victory shot on the mound at Yankee Stadium.
- CC Sabathia to enter alcohol rehab center, miss playoffs Updated: Oct-05-15 7:49 pm
NEW YORK - CC Sabathia walked into manager Joe Girardi's office in Baltimore on Sunday and made a stunning admission: He has an alcohol problem.
- Playoff Push: Kershaw aims at redemption, stars set to debut Updated: Oct-05-15 8:13 am
The Major League Baseball playoffs begin this week, starting Tuesday night with the American League wild-card game at Yankee Stadium.
- Yankees clinch playoff spot after 2-year absence, top Boston Updated: Oct-02-15 3:13 pm
NEW YORK - CC Sabathia stood near his locker in the back of the oval Yankees clubhouse while excited teammates celebrated New York's return to the postseason.
- New MLB commissioner envisions more speed-up experiments Updated: Sep-30-15 4:18 pm
NEW YORK - Rob Manfred envisions more experiments with speed-up rules, such as limiting pitching changes and trips to the mound, or requiring each pitcher to face multiple batters.
- White Sox eliminated with 2-1 loss to Yankees Updated: Sep-26-15 9:51 pm
NEW YORK - The Chicago White Sox have been over .500 for just one day this season, when they were 18-17 in mid-May. It has been clear for weeks that they would not reach the playoffs, so there was little suspense when they were mathematically eliminated Saturday with a 2-1 loss to the New York Yankees.
- Blue Jays lose 6-4 to Yankees; AL East lead shrinks to 2 1/2 Updated: Sep-23-15 12:46 am
TORONTO - When his team is playing at home, Blue Jays manager John Gibbons understands long balls can hurt just as much as they help.
- A-Rod at 1st base: Rust allowed to sleep Updated: Sep-19-15 6:44 pm
- Yankees no match for Matz in Subway Series opener loss Updated: Sep-19-15 12:31 am
NEW YORK - A Yankees lineup missing Alex Rodriguez, Brian McCann and Jacoby Ellsbury was little match for rookie Steven Matz and the stingy Mets pitching staff.
- Severino rebounds in Yankees' 3-1 win over Rays Updated: Sep-17-15 12:11 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Two youngsters sent the New York Yankees to a big win in the pressure of a pennant race.
- Franklin's homer helps Rays beat Yankees 6-3 Updated: Sep-15-15 11:47 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Nick Franklin was only in the game because Asdrubal Cabrera had gotten hurt.
- Rays' Ramirez loses no-hit bid in 8th Updated: Sep-14-15 9:36 pm
- Ramirez has no-hitter through 7 Updated: Sep-14-15 9:10 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Tampa Bay Rays right-hander Erasmo Ramirez has a no-hitter through seven innings against the New York Yankees.
- Rays' Ramirez has no-hitter through 6 against Yankees Updated: Sep-14-15 8:44 pm
- Huskers' Riley learning fast magnitude of game against Miami Updated: Sep-14-15 4:49 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Having spent most of his career on the West Coast, first-year Nebraska coach Mike Riley initially didn't grasp how a nonconference game against Miami could stir so much emotion in and around the Cornhuskers' program.
- Tanaka leads Yanks over Blue Jays 5-0, stops 5-game skid Updated: Sep-13-15 5:44 pm
NEW YORK - With the New York closer to missing out on a wild-card berth than winning the AL East, Masahiro Tanaka pitched like the ace the Yankees needed him to be
- A-Rod reaches 30 HRs for 15th season, ties Aaron for record Updated: Sep-08-15 10:05 pm
NEW YORK - Yankees star Alex Rodriguez has reached 30 home runs for the 15th season, tying Hank Aaron's major league record.