- Bullpen struggles as Yankees lose 3-1 to Blue Jays Updated: May-04-15 11:44 pm
- Martin gets tiebreaking hit, Blue Jays beat Yankees 3-1 Updated: May-04-15 11:02 pm
TORONTO - Russell Martin delivered a timely pinch hit - and gave Toronto's R.A. Dickey his first win of the season.
- Ellsbury has 4 hits, leads Yankees to 8-5 win over Red Sox Updated: May-04-15 1:12 am
BOSTON - Andrew Miller had a chance to seal the New York Yankees' sweep by retiring the bottom of the Red Sox order.
- Yankees say they don't plan to pay home run bonus to A-Rod Updated: May-02-15 7:41 pm
BOSTON - New York Yankees general manager Brian Cashman says the team doesn't plan to pay a $6 million bonus to Alex Rodriguez for his 660th home run.
- A-Rod hits 660th homer, question of $6 million looms Updated: May-02-15 2:56 am
BOSTON - No. 660 is in the book. Will $6 million get in the bank?
- Rodriguez gets to rest, not in Yankees starting lineup Updated: May-01-15 6:23 pm
BOSTON - A-Rod is getting a rest from his pursuit of his next home run milestone.
- A-Rod 0 for 6 with 4 Ks as Yanks lose to Rays 3-2 in 13 Updated: Apr-29-15 9:33 pm
NEW YORK - One home run from tying Willie Mays for fourth place at 660, A-Rod was A-Worst.
- Mets, Astros, A-Rod highlight first month Updated: Apr-29-15 5:02 pm
From the Amazin' Mets to A-Rod smacking homers, it's been a wacky first month in the majors.
- Mistake-prone Mets lose 6-4 to Yanks in Subway Series finale Updated: Apr-27-15 1:29 am
NEW YORK - After a sensational start, the New York Mets made four errors Sunday night and reverted back to the shoddy brand of baseball that's led to six straight losing seasons.
- A-Rod hits No. 659, Yanks beat Mets 6-4 to win Subway Series Updated: Apr-27-15 12:50 am
NEW YORK - Alex Rodriguez is one big swing from matching Willie Mays. Whether the New York Yankees would celebrate that achievement - or pay for it, for that matter - remains to be seen.
- A-Rod hits 659th homer, moves within 1 of Mays for 4th place Updated: Apr-26-15 9:02 pm
- Baseball manager's lifesaving legacy grows Updated: Apr-26-15 1:16 am
HOLMES BEACH, Florida - At the end of an island, in the back of a baseball field, on the fringe of obscurity, there is an unpretentious plaque dedicated to a man whose immeasurable legacy continues to grow.
- A-Rod, Yankees no match for Harvey in 8-2 loss to Mets Updated: Apr-25-15 9:18 pm
- Bronx bristle: Yanks growing mustaches during winning streak Updated: Apr-25-15 5:49 pm
NEW YORK - There's something hairy going on in the New York Yankees clubhouse.
- BALCO & Biogenesis may be over, but steroids cloud remains Updated: Apr-23-15 9:36 pm
NEW YORK - Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens have moved on, their names cleared. The cloud of steroids remains over baseball and all sports.
- Yankees top Tigers 2-1 on McCann's RBI in 8th inning Updated: Apr-23-15 6:18 pm
DETROIT - It was 33 degrees for the start at Comerica Park, and that turned out to be perfect conditions for the pitchers.
- Rodriguez exceeds expectations, helps Yankees stay relevant Updated: Apr-23-15 6:01 pm
DETROIT - The New York Yankees missed the playoffs the last two years while saying goodbye to a pair of greats. Mediocrity - or, worse yet, irrelevance - was a very real possibility heading into 2015.
- Manfred downplays possibility of big leaguers in Olympics Updated: Apr-23-15 5:59 pm
NEW YORK - Don't expect to see big league baseball players at the 2020 Olympics, even if the IOC reinstates the sport for the Tokyo Games. And new Major League Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred says the sport's international governing body should demand a long-term pledge from the International Olympic Committee before agreeing to return.
- Headley, Teixeira lift Yanks over Rays 5-3 for 3-game sweep Updated: Apr-19-15 6:17 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - The New York Yankees completed their best trip to Tampa Bay in a decade with their first sweep this season.
- Orioles rally against Yankees bullpen for 7-5 victory Updated: Apr-15-15 11:32 pm
- MLB to follow Biogenesis model in latest drug investigation Updated: Apr-13-15 7:05 pm
TORONTO - Commissioner Rob Manfred says Major League Baseball is investigating four recent positive tests for the steroid Stanozolol along "the same model" as its 2013 Biogenesis probe.
- A-Rod, Yankees break out for 14-4 win over Red Sox Updated: Apr-13-15 1:08 am
NEW YORK - Alex Rodriguez has had some startling success early in his return from a yearlong suspension.
- Yankees sign Kyle Davies, designate Matt Tracy Updated: Apr-12-15 6:56 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Yankees signed right-hander Kyle Davies to a major league contract Sunday and called him up from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
- A-Rod homers but Blue Jays beat Yankees 6-3 to win series Updated: Apr-09-15 11:36 pm
NEW YORK - Alex Rodriguez proved he's still a power threat at age 39. Daniel Norris demonstrated he's more than just a curious character living out of an old van.
- Openers: A-Rod cheered, rain delay booed, Big Papi stays put Updated: Apr-07-15 1:59 am
Alex Rodriguez got cheered at Yankee Stadium, a rain delay got booed in Miami, and David Ortiz got a quick introduction to baseball's new speed-up rules.