- Transformer plant in Virginia to expand, add 79 jobs Updated: Oct-08-15 3:08 am
WYTHEVILLE, Virginia - A Swiss company will spend $3.1 million to expand its Wytheville transformer manufacturing plant and add 79 jobs.
- Screen version of novel 'Big Stone Gap' opens on Friday Updated: Oct-07-15 3:05 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Big Stone Gap is rolling out the red carpet for the national release of a movie that bears the name of the southwest Virginia community.
- Gov. McAuliffe wants brewery to build new site in Virginia Updated: Oct-06-15 9:02 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Gov. Terry McAuliffe has confirmed he's incentivizing Deschutes Brewery of Bend, Oregon, to pick Virginia as its new East Coast site.
- Governor warns of problems getting lethal injection drugs Updated: Oct-02-15 11:33 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe says the state may have difficulty in the future obtaining lethal injection drugs if the manufacturers can't be shielded from the public.
- Already soaked Virginia residents brace for more storms Updated: Sep-30-15 9:23 pm
Gov. Terry McAuliffe on Wednesday declared a state of emergency as more storms are forecast for parts of Virginia already soaked by summer rains, and Hurricane Joaquin poses an additional threat as it makes its way to the East Coast.
- The Latest: Va. governor declares state of emergency Updated: Sep-30-15 6:23 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The latest on drenching rains and the threat of Hurricane Joaquin threatening the East Coast and Virginia.
- Va. gov, AG seek gun laws to protect domestic victims Updated: Sep-30-15 3:21 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Gov. Terry McAuliffe is challenging the General Assembly to approve legislation to keep guns out of the hands of people who have committed domestic violence.
- Va. governor announces solar project on Eastern Shore Updated: Sep-29-15 2:20 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Gov. Terry McAuliffe says an energy developer has won a state permit to build an 80-megawatt solar array on Virginia's Eastern Shore.
- Political stakes high for McAuliffe in November elections Updated: Sep-27-15 9:03 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe's name won't be on the ballot in November's legislative elections in his state, but he'll have a lot riding on its outcome.
- Volvo Trucks adding 32 jobs at Virginia assembly plant Updated: Sep-25-15 1:09 pm
DUBLIN, Virginia - Volvo Trucks North American will invest $38.1 million on upgrades and add 32 jobs at its New River Valley assembly plant in Pulaski County.
- Poll: Few voters paying attention to upcoming Va. election Updated: Sep-25-15 10:57 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Most Virginia voters aren't paying attention to upcoming legislative elections in November that will determine which political party controls the state Senate, according to a new poll.
- 54 Va. schools receive funds for year-round instruction Updated: Sep-25-15 3:00 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Fifty-four schools in 10 districts will share $5.3 million in state funding to develop and implement year-round instructional programs.
- Virginia receives US grant to reduce energy consumption Updated: Sep-24-15 2:55 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Gov. Terry McAuliffe says the state has received a $300,000 federal grant to help implement his administration's energy goals.
- Group asks Virginia Gov. McAuliffe to delay execution Updated: Sep-23-15 7:10 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A group that advocates for people with intellectual disabilities wants Gov. Terry McAuliffe to delay the execution of a man convicted of killing a young couple in Virginia.
- Longwood University to host 2016 vice-presidential debate Updated: Sep-23-15 1:56 pm
FARMVILLE, Virginia - Virginia's Longwood University will host the 2016 vice-presidential debate.
- Virginia receives $8.8m grant for childhood hunger project Updated: Sep-23-15 8:18 am
BRISTOL, Virginia - Virginia has received an $8.8 million federal grant for a pilot project to reduce childhood hunger.
- Panel: Virginia alcohol agency should retain arrest powers Updated: Sep-22-15 7:24 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A task force appointed by Virginia's governor after a college student's bloody arrest declined Tuesday to recommend stripping the state's liquor agency of its police powers, and a state police investigation concluded that agents were not unduly aggressive when they detained him.
- The Latest: Report released on bloody U.Va. arrest Updated: Sep-22-15 6:26 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The latest developments in the investigation into Virginia's liquor agency's arrest of Martese Johnson. All times local:
- Governor announces $796K in tourism grants Updated: Sep-22-15 2:51 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Forty-five local tourism initiatives will share more than $796,000 in state matching grants.
- Virginia gov offers version of redrawn congressional map Updated: Sep-19-15 12:43 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Gov. Terry McAuliffe has offered his version of a redrawn congressional map in Virginia.
- University of Virginia to request $140M more in state aid Updated: Sep-18-15 4:45 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - The University of Virginia will request about $140 million in additional state funding over the next two fiscal years.
- Health board approves changes to clinic regulations Updated: Sep-17-15 7:29 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The State Board of Health voted Thursday to scale back Virginia abortion clinic regulations that critics say were driven by politics and ideology, not medical science.
- Senate candidate in Virginia misstates military record Updated: Sep-15-15 3:58 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A Democrat running for the state Senate says he thought he was still in the U.S. Army Reserve, but it turns out he hasn't been in the military since he was discharged in 2001.
- Virginia Lottery to keep headquarters in downtown Richmond Updated: Sep-15-15 1:22 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia Lottery says it is staying in downtown Richmond.
- GOP group pumps $250,000 into Virginia Senate races Updated: Sep-15-15 11:46 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - A national GOP group has donated $250,000 to three key Virginia Senate races.