- Delay in Pacific trade pact hurts US shift to Asia Updated: Dec-11-13 3:32 am
- AP Exclusive: Accusations dog Russian copter deal Updated: Dec-09-13 3:17 am
- AP Exclusive: Rough ride for US-Russia copter deal Updated: Dec-07-13 4:12 pm
- Bulk mixers of prescribed drugs get more scrutiny Updated: Nov-18-13 6:50 pm
- Leaked document adds to US-led trade deal doubts Updated: Nov-14-13 6:59 am
WASHINGTON - The failure to finalize a landmark trans-Pacific trade pact this year as planned has dealt a blow to President Barack Obama's policy shift to Asia.
WASHINGTON - U.S. military officials insisted a top-secret Pentagon study proved the need to buy Russian helicopters for Afghanistan's security forces. But the study actually recommended an American-made rotorcraft, according to unclassified excerpts obtained by The Associated Press.
WASHINGTON - The deal looked sketchy from the start.
WASHINGTON - Congress took a half step Monday toward increasing federal oversight of so-called compounding pharmacies that custom mix medications in bulk, a year after a meningitis outbreak from contaminated steroid pain injections killed 64 people and sickened hundreds more.
TOKYO - A document from secret U.S.-led trade talks published by WikiLeaks is revealing rifts that add to doubts over whether the dozen nations involved will manage to finalize a deal by the end of the year as planned.