- Kansas may not issue pension bonds, despite legal authority Updated: Jul-02-15 6:14 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Market conditions could delay or prevent Kansas from issuing $1 billion in bonds as part of an effort to boost the financial health of its pension system for teachers and government workers, even though top state officials gave the go-ahead Thursday.
- The Latest: Top Kansas officials approve shuffling of funds Updated: Jun-26-15 4:41 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The latest on the final day of the Kansas Legislature's annual session. (All times local):
- No charges after federal probe into Kansas election loans Updated: Jun-17-15 6:35 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Federal prosecutors have completed their investigation into loans made to Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback's re-election campaign by his lieutenant governor and plan to bring no criminal charges, the U.S. attorney's office said Wednesday.
- Kansas governor says deficit plan is not a tax increase Updated: Jun-16-15 7:10 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Republican Gov. Sam Brownback said Tuesday that Kansas isn't really increasing taxes even though the state will raise its sales and cigarette taxes to balance the budget.
- The Latest: Brownback praises lawmakers over tax increases Updated: Jun-12-15 6:59 pm
4:45 p.m. CDT