- Democrats eye Senate takeover after establishment wins Updated: Apr-27-16 5:04 pm
WASHINGTON - Democrats are increasingly optimistic they will take back control of the Senate in November, buoyed by establishment wins in Maryland and the key battleground state of Pennsylvania.
- AP News Guide: A strong performance from the front-runners Updated: Apr-27-16 3:31 am
WASHINGTON - Hillary Clinton left Bernie Sanders in need of a miracle of miracles. Donald Trump declared himself the presumptive Republican nominee, a presumptuous label but one he might grow into sooner than expected if he can pull off more primaries like the latest round.
- The Latest: Cruz shoots an airball at 'basketball ring' Updated: Apr-27-16 12:15 am
WASHINGTON - The Latest on campaign 2016 as voters head to the polls in Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Delaware and Maryland (all times Eastern):
- The Latest: Ex-mayor Dixon says she's 'not through yet' Updated: Apr-27-16 12:01 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Latest on Maryland's primary election (all times local):
- Maryland primary guide: Van Hollen, Pugh clinch key wins Updated: Apr-26-16 11:45 pm
Maryland congressman Chris Van Hollen won the Democratic nomination for the U.S. Senate seat currently held by Democrat Barbara Mikulski on Tuesday in a polarizing battle over race and gender.
- Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump win primary in Maryland Updated: Apr-26-16 11:20 pm
BALTIMORE - Hillary Clinton won the Democratic presidential primary in Maryland on Tuesday, and Donald Trump won the state's Republican presidential primary.
- Politicians descend on march to commemorate Freddie Gray Updated: Apr-24-16 6:32 pm
BALTIMORE - A march in Baltimore to commemorate the one-year anniversary of the death of Freddie Gray turned into an opportunity for political candidates to try to sway voters.
- Md. congressional primary features largest self-funder ever Updated: Apr-24-16 5:34 pm
CHEVY CHASE, Maryland - A Maryland congressional primary contender has broken the record for what a self-funded House candidate has poured into a single campaign, as wine superstore owner David Trone has uncorked more than $12 million of his own amid a crowded Democratic field.
- Early voting turnout surges in Maryland primary election Updated: Apr-22-16 11:52 am
A record-high number of Marylanders cast early ballots in the state's presidential primary election, an indication that people are growing more comfortable with early voting, a State Board of Elections spokeswoman said Friday.
- Marilyn Mosby to endorse Donna Edwards in Senate race Updated: Apr-18-16 8:10 pm
BALTIMORE - U.S. Rep. Donna Edwards' campaign says Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby will endorse Edwards in the Democratic primary for Senate.
- Democratic leaders criticize ad in Maryland Senate race Updated: Apr-14-16 7:10 pm
WASHINGTON - The Democratic leaders of the House and Senate on Thursday denounced an advertisement being run on behalf of one House Democrat against another in Maryland's hotly contested Senate primary.
- Md. House race no easy comeback for ex-lieutenant governor Updated: Apr-14-16 1:36 pm
WASHINGTON - Eighteen months after he lost a bid for the state's highest office, Maryland's former lieutenant governor is finding that a safely Democratic seat in Congress is no easy consolation prize.
- The Latest: White House asks PAC to pull ad in primary race Updated: Apr-13-16 8:13 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Latest on the White House asking a political action committee that supports Maryland Rep. Donna Edwards' Senate bid to pull an advertisement on gun control. (all times local):
- Former NAACP president endorses Donna Edwards' Senate bid Updated: Apr-01-16 2:42 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Former NAACP head Ben Jealous has endorsed Maryland Rep. Donna Edwards in her bid for a U.S. Senate seat.
- Van Hollen to campaign at Leisure World Updated: Mar-31-16 8:28 am
SILVER SPRING, Maryland - Rep. Chris Van Hollen is headed to Leisure World to campaign.