- China, EU working on common approach on climate change Updated: May-05-15 8:47 am
BEIJING - The European Union's foreign policy chief said Tuesday she's confident the EU and China can agree to a common approach on climate change ahead of crucial carbon reduction talks in Paris this year.
- Japan's prime minister goes to US to showcase close ties Updated: Apr-26-15 7:46 pm
TOKYO - Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe arrived in the U.S. on Sunday for a weeklong visit to showcase the success of the alliance built from Tokyo's defeat in World War II, while promoting a political agenda based on still stronger military and economic ties.
- Japanese lawmakers visit shrine honoring war criminals Updated: Apr-21-15 9:52 pm
TOKYO - More than 100 Japanese lawmakers paid respects Wednesday at a Tokyo shrine that honors Japan's war dead, including World War II leaders, but Cabinet ministers and Prime Minister Shinzo Abe did not participate in the spring ritual.
- Colombia's president wants rebels to set deadline for peace Updated: Apr-17-15 8:53 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - President Juan Manual Santos delivered a sharp rebuke to Colombia's largest rebel group Friday, calling on its leaders to set a deadline to reach a peace deal following this week's slaughter of 11 soldiers while they were sleeping.
- Carter chides China over approach to territorial disputes Updated: Apr-10-15 6:32 am
SEOUL, South Korea - U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter gently chided China on Friday for its approach to territorial disputes in the South China Sea, suggesting Beijing has been isolated by its strong-arm tactics.