- Ovechkin says Capitals are in 'middle of nowhere' Updated: Apr-14-14 4:56 pm
- Ovi gets 51st; Caps top coasting Blackhawks 4-0 Updated: Apr-11-14 10:53 pm
- Ovechkin gets 50th goal, Capitals top Blues 4-1 Updated: Apr-08-14 11:50 pm
- Carter's late goal lifts Devils past Capitals Updated: Apr-05-14 1:24 am
- Elliott helps Blues defeat Sabres Updated: Apr-03-14 11:38 pm
- Stars rout Capitals 5-0 to maintain playoff push Updated: Apr-01-14 9:48 pm
- Predators beat Capitals 4-3 in shootout Updated: Mar-31-14 12:17 am
- Caps end San Jose skid with 3-2 SO win vs Sharks Updated: Mar-23-14 2:21 am
- Kings beat Caps 2-1 in SO to give Sutter 500th win Updated: Mar-21-14 2:36 am
- Ovi's go-ahead goal puts Capitals past Ducks 3-2 Updated: Mar-19-14 1:56 am
ARLINGTON, Virginia - Explaining early playoff exits became an annual, awkward task for Alex Ovechkin and the Washington Capitals. This season, for the first time since 2007, they didn't even make the postseason, so now there's something new: real uncertainty.
ST. LOUIS - Alex Ovechkin took his place in the NHL record book and helped the Washington Capitals keep pace in the playoff race.
NEWARK, New Jersey - The New Jersey Devils know the odds are against them as they chase a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. Their latest win preserved their chances.
ST. LOUIS - Brian Elliott was oh so close to another shutout. He settled for another win.
WASHINGTON - Tyler Seguin scored his 33rd goal, Dustin Jeffrey got his first two of the season, and the Dallas Stars routed the Washington Capitals 5-0 Tuesday night in a game between a pair of ninth-place teams trying to leapfrog into a playoff spot.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - This time, the shootout win went to the Nashville Predators.
SAN JOSE, California - Nicklas Backstrom scored the winning goal in the shootout to lead the Washington Capitals to their first win in San Jose in more than 20 years, 3-2 over the Sharks on Saturday night.
LOS ANGELES - Darryl Sutter doesn't remember his first win as an NHL coach. And now that he's gotten his 500th in the regular season, he didn't make anything special out of this one, either.
ANAHEIM, California - With the Anaheim Ducks bearing down on him all night, Jaroslav Halak couldn't relax for even a moment in front of the Washington Capitals' net until the horn sounded on another victory.