- New York Islanders are Brooklyn-bound following Game 7 loss Updated: Apr-28-15 4:59 pm
It's time for the New York Islanders to lower the Hall of Fame and Stanley Cup banners from the rafters, and pack up their pucks and sticks.
- Kuznetsov's goal leads Capitals past Isles 2-1 in Game 7 Updated: Apr-28-15 12:06 am
WASHINGTON - Unburdened by the catastrophes of past Game 7s littering the Washington Capitals' playoff history, rookie Evgeny Kuznetsov delivered a breathtaking, series-clinching goal that got Alex Ovechkin's seal of approval.
- Islanders beat Capitals 3-1 to force Game 7 Updated: Apr-25-15 7:54 pm
UNIONDALE, New York - Islanders captain John Tavares was still attempting to gather his bearings after being leveled in the corner, when he heard the familiar - and welcome - roar go up inside the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum for what could be the last time.
- Trotz counting on Ovechkin to be 'difference maker' vs Isles Updated: Apr-20-15 6:33 pm
UNIONDALE, New York - Alex The Great can be better.
- No matter the style, goaltenders getting tougher to beat Updated: Apr-15-15 2:50 am
Hall of Famer Patrick Roy treated the question almost like a shot on net, deflecting it away when hit with whether goaltenders of today are more athletic.
- Atkinson, Wennberg lift Blue Jackets past Islanders in SO Updated: Apr-11-15 11:17 pm
UNIONDALE, New York - The Columbus Blue Jackets closed a disappointing season with another win in their record-setting finish, and head to the offseason on a big positive note.
- Islanders send Penguins to 5th straight loss, 3-1 Updated: Apr-10-15 10:39 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Penguins have spent the majority of the Sidney Crosby era treating the regular season as an 82-game exhibition until the playoffs start.
- Ottawa's comeback shakes up playoff race in East Updated: Apr-08-15 3:23 am
The playoff chase in the NHL's Eastern Conference has gone from compelling to downright wacky.
- Islanders in limbo for playoff spot after loss in Philly Updated: Apr-07-15 11:12 pm
PHILADELPHIA - With a playoff berth at stake, the New York Islanders pulled off a rally to remember.