- AP Study: Hits to head still prevalent in NFL Updated: Dec-10-13 4:48 pm
- Raiders struggle again in 37-27 loss to Jets Updated: Dec-08-13 6:50 pm
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders Updated: Dec-08-13 6:20 pm
- Titans to face Colts without Williams, Stevens Updated: Nov-29-13 4:38 pm
- NFL upholds suspension of Titans safety on appeal Updated: Nov-26-13 7:47 pm
- Fitzpatrick leads Titans past Raiders 23-19 Updated: Nov-24-13 8:47 pm
- Raiders TE Rivera leaves with head injury Updated: Nov-24-13 5:25 pm
- Rivera finding his way with Raiders Updated: Nov-22-13 7:00 pm
- McGloin leads Raiders over Texans, 28-23 Updated: Nov-17-13 7:44 pm
- McGloin leads Raiders over Texans, 28-23 Updated: Nov-17-13 7:29 pm
Almost once a game, an NFL player absorbs an illegal blow to the head or neck that could put his career - or worse - at risk.
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - Dennis Allen was irked by several failures in his Oakland Raiders' latest defeat: a slow start, turnovers and shaky special teams.
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - Geno Smith bounced back in a big way after an early interception had memories of some recent mistakes creeping into his mind.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Titans safety Michael Griffin lost his appeal of a one-game suspension as a repeat offender of the league's rules prohibiting hits to the head and neck area of defenseless players.
OAKLAND, California - With one drive to determine whether Tennessee or Oakland would move right into the thick of the AFC playoff race, Ryan Fitzpatrick stepped up for the Titans.
ALAMEDA, California - One of the byproducts of quarterback Matt McGloin's rise to the top of Oakland's depth chart last week was the production of rookie tight end Mychal Rivera.
HOUSTON - Oakland rookie Matt McGloin was so good in a victory over the Houston Texans that it raised questions about whether Terrelle Pryor will get his job back when he's healthy.