- House conservatives oppose McCarthy, search for alternative Updated: Oct-07-15 5:14 pm
WASHINGTON - The House's most hard-edged conservatives are anxious to derail Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy's bid to become speaker, but they're outnumbered and their chosen candidate lacks support. That leaves the Californian the heavy favorite when Republicans pick their candidate to replace John Boehner on Thursday.
- Congressman won't challenge McCain in Senate GOP race Updated: Sep-30-15 12:19 pm
PHOENIX - An Arizona congressman will not challenge Sen. John McCain in the 2016 Republican primary.
- Senate majority leader seems safe for now after Boehner exit Updated: Sep-29-15 1:41 pm
WASHINGTON - Try as they may, there's no sign that conservatives chirping over the departure of House Speaker John Boehner will be able to claim Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell as their next pelt.
- Arizona Republicans cheer Boehner resignation Updated: Sep-25-15 4:44 pm
PHOENIX - Republicans in Arizona's delegation to the U.S. House of Representatives are cheering Speaker John Boehner's decision to retire next month.
- Arizona officials laud pope's speech, except Rep. Gosar Updated: Sep-24-15 4:38 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona's congressional delegation praised Pope Francis' address to Congress on Thursday, all except Rep. Paul Gosar, who boycotted the speech and criticized the pontiff for prioritizing climate change over religious intolerance.
- Arizona Gov. Ducey attends pontiff's congressional address Updated: Sep-24-15 1:22 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey was in the audience at the U.S. Capitol as Pope Francis addressed a joint session of Congress.