- High court sides with police officer in free speech case Updated: Apr-26-16 10:57 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court ruled Tuesday that a New Jersey police officer who was demoted after his boss mistakenly believed he was involved in a political campaign can still bring a lawsuit alleging a violation of free speech rights.
- High court tie lets states face lawsuits in other states Updated: Apr-19-16 12:09 pm
WASHINGTON - A tie vote from the Supreme Court means California officials can be hauled into a Nevada state court to face allegations in a long-running tax dispute with a Nevada inventor.
- Justices extend ruling on repeat offenders' prison terms Updated: Apr-18-16 11:30 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court on Monday voted 7-1 to extend its year-old ruling that makes people convicted of repeated violent crimes eligible for reduced prison terms.
- Clarence Thomas summons empathy from Pierce in new HBO drama Updated: Apr-13-16 9:17 am
NEW YORK - It's impressive how Wendell Pierce confronts the challenge of his latest role, that of Clarence Thomas: with a hearty dose of empathy.
- Supreme Court bolsters political influence of US Latinos Updated: Apr-04-16 4:03 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court unanimously endorsed election maps that bolster the growing political influence of America's Latinos on Monday, ruling that states can count everyone, not just eligible voters, in drawing voting districts.