- Identifying zone-read plays makes it tough to protect QBs Updated: Aug-28-15 3:12 am
PHILADELPHIA - If Chip Kelly, Pete Carroll and other NFL coaches want to run zone-read plays, their quarterbacks are fair game - even when they don't have the ball.
- Pick 6: Heisman hopefuls short on preseason hype Updated: Aug-28-15 3:05 am
Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota broke a Heisman Trophy trend last season by winning the award after being considered the preseason favorite.
- Titans like preseason play of both Mariota, Mettenberger Updated: Aug-26-15 5:59 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Titans know very well the value of having a quality backup quarterback.
- Oregon receiver Devon Allen's rehab takes the cautious route Updated: Aug-25-15 6:38 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Oregon's Devon Allen is not working toward just a football comeback, he's aiming for Rio, too.
- Titans show signs of improved run threat to help rookie QB Updated: Aug-24-15 6:19 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Being able to run the ball will be the best way for the Titans to help Marcus Mariota thrive during his rookie season, and Tennessee finally might have a combination of offensive line and backs that helps them do just that.
- Titans beat Rams 27-14, spoiling coach Jeff Fisher's return Updated: Aug-24-15 12:16 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Marcus Mariota had every reason to struggle when the communicator device in the Tennessee quarterback's helmet quit working two plays into the first drive of his second preseason game.
- Mariota wants to protect ball after rough preseason debut Updated: Aug-21-15 7:34 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Marcus Mariota knows exactly what he wants out of his home debut, and it's what his father has been telling him to do since high school.
- Titans finally intercept Mariota on his 231st pass of camp Updated: Aug-18-15 7:44 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Marcus Mariota's streak of passes at Titans training camp without being intercepted finally is over. Linebacker Zach Brown picked off the rookie quarterback, though he needed a little help to pull in the pick.
- Titans waiting for young backs to step up in running game Updated: Aug-16-15 8:03 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The easiest way to take the pressure off rookie quarterback Marcus Mariota will be if the Tennessee Titans can run the ball well.
- Titans defense struggles early just like rookie QB Mariota Updated: Aug-15-15 4:53 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Marcus Mariota has a great excuse for a rough start to the first NFL preseason game of his career, and the rookie quarterback shook off three bad plays pretty nicely.
- Rookie Mariota struggles early as Falcons top Titans, 31-24 Updated: Aug-14-15 11:24 pm
ATLANTA - Tennessee rookie quarterback Marcus Mariota quickly learned NFL games are different from practice.
- Vernon Adams passes final class to join Oregon Updated: Aug-13-15 10:33 pm
Quarterback Vernon Adams passed the math he needed to graduate from Eastern Washington and join the Oregon Ducks.
- Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota ready for preseason debuts Updated: Aug-13-15 2:14 pm
Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota. The Heisman Trophy winners' preseason debuts are looming, and the top picks in the NFL draft are poised to show what they are learning at training camp.
- Oregon WR Addison watches QB drama as he makes comeback Updated: Aug-12-15 5:53 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - After injury kept him out of Oregon's march to the national championship game last season, wide receiver Bralon Addison is closely watching the Ducks' quarterback position as he prepares for his comeback.
- After 8 seasons, safety Griffin now Titans' oldest defender Updated: Aug-11-15 5:57 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - To his teammates, Tennessee safety Michael Griffin is "Old Man Griff" or simply "Grandpa." The grizzled veteran even has a few gray hairs sprinkling the beard on his chin.
- Vernon Adams still not a Duck, so Jeff Lockie looks to lead Updated: Aug-11-15 12:03 am
EUGENE, Oregon - Oregon opened fall camp with ongoing uncertainty about who will replace Marcus Mariota as starting quarterback.
- Titans likely playing plenty of young starters Updated: Aug-10-15 8:50 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Playing a rookie at quarterback means a team will be young at least in one position.
- Pac-12 loaded with talent and on the rise in national esteem Updated: Aug-10-15 5:06 pm
LOS ANGELES - When Gary Andersen left Big Ten powerhouse Wisconsin for Oregon State and the Pac-12 last December, the veteran coach made a move that would have been unthinkable - or at least a bit illogical - just a few seasons ago.
- Titans tight end Walker needs 12 stitches after collision Updated: Aug-06-15 8:11 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee Titans tight end Delanie Walker says he'll be just fine after a collision with safety Da'Norris Searcy left him needing 12 stitches to close a cut in his left thumb.
- Wide receiver Hakeem Nicks trying to earn spot with Titans Updated: Aug-06-15 8:08 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - In middle school, Hakeem Nicks got to wear the No. 9 of Steve McNair while playing quarterback for the Titans. Now 27, the veteran wide receiver is trying to earn a job with the same team in the NFL.
- New locker assignments help Titans know each other better Updated: Aug-02-15 6:44 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Defensive lineman Karl Klug is considered the Tennessee Titan most likely to get into a fight during training camp.
- Titans linebacker Orakpo healthy after revamping workouts Updated: Aug-01-15 4:26 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Brian Orakpo looks rock solid, so muscled that the Tennessee linebacker appears chiseled out of stone.
- No surprise: Jameis Winston named Buccaneers starting QB Updated: Jul-31-15 5:21 pm
TAMPA, Florida - The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are turning over their offense to Jameis Winston.
- Titans rookie QB tried surfing, prefers boogie board Updated: Jul-30-15 4:57 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Titans coach Ken Whisenhunt says he isn't worried about his rookie quarterback surfing whenever he's home in Hawaii.
- Titans eager to start training camp after ugly 2-14 season Updated: Jul-30-15 4:33 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Titans and coach Ken Whisenhunt start training camp with the promise to be better than last season's ugly 2-14 record. Seems everyone is in agreement that the miserable experience was simply unacceptable.