- SOCHI SCENE: Spills and thrills Updated: Feb-19-14 12:37 pm
- Ted Ligety wins GS for 2nd career Olympic gold Updated: Feb-19-14 11:20 am
- Olympians tiptoe around sponsorship ban Updated: Feb-18-14 8:52 am
- Neureuther not sure to start Olympic giant slalom Updated: Feb-16-14 10:40 am
- Science, not muscle, driving many Olympic wins Updated: Feb-13-14 12:02 pm
- Outdoor Olympic athletes adjusting to warm weather Updated: Feb-11-14 1:31 pm
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - They wanted to call themselves Olympians. Now, some of them have the bumps and bruises to prove it.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - This was the race Ted Ligety knew he should win.
SOCHI, Russia - Want to see the glasses and goggles that aerials skier Lydia Lassila and snowboarder Lindsey Jacobellis wore at the Sochi Olympics? If you go to the website of the company that manufactures their eyewear, you might be in for a shock.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Felix Neureuther could skip Wednesday's Olympic giant slalom after getting whiplash from a car crash in Germany.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Nineteen-year-old Slovakian luger Josef Petrulak competed in the Sochi Olympics in a 22-year-old sled. That's right: His sled is three years older than he is. His German rivals get a new sled every year, designed by BMW and calibrated to whoosh faster, smoother and smarter every season.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Cross-country skiers are looking for precisely the right wax to cut through the mush. Jumpers are trying to land in snow that's way too soft. Freestyle skiers and snowboarders are bailing out of their best tricks on courses that, even way up on the mountain, are melting under the Sochi sun.