- De La Rosa goes 6 in Rockies' 4-2 loss to Padres Updated: Apr-17-14 3:01 am
- Maddon speaks out on elbow injuries Updated: Apr-14-14 3:33 am
- Smith, Denorfia lift Padres to 3-1 win over LA Updated: Mar-31-14 3:31 am
- Kershaw headed to DL for 1st time in career Updated: Mar-30-14 1:18 am
- Cashner sharp in last tuneup; Padres tie Cubs 5-5 Updated: Mar-26-14 1:56 am
- Padres already behind Dodgers, with a pitcher hurt Updated: Mar-25-14 3:50 pm
- Ross pitches into 7th, Padres and White Sox tie Updated: Mar-22-14 9:29 pm
- Padres RHP Josh Johnson (forearm) out 4-5 weeks Updated: Mar-22-14 8:59 pm
- Posey hits slam, Giants rock Cashner in 11-3 win Updated: Mar-21-14 3:02 am
- Cashner to start Padres' opener against Dodgers Updated: Mar-20-14 11:00 pm
SAN DIEGO - It was a small but important step for Colorado's Jorge De La Rosa.
You could piece together a pretty good pitching staff with just the players who have had significant elbow problems this year.
ANAHEIM, California - Los Angeles Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw is headed to the 15-day disabled list for the first time in his seven-year career because of a swollen muscle in his left upper back.
PEORIA, Arizona - Andrew Cashner allowed one unearned run in three innings for San Diego in his final start before opening night as the Padres and a Cubs split squad played to a 5-5 tie Tuesday night.
SAN DIEGO - It's almost as if last season didn't end for the San Diego Padres.
PEORIA, Arizona - Tyson Ross settled in Saturday as San Diego's No. 3 starter with 6 2-3 innings of solid work in a 3-3 tie with a Chicago White Sox split-squad on the same day that the Padres lost starter Josh Johnson for four to five weeks with an injury to his right forearm.