- Hundley hits 3-run HR off Sale, Padres beat Chisox Updated: Mar-05-14 7:31 pm
- Paxton sharp in Mariners' 12-1 rout of Padres Updated: Feb-28-14 7:51 pm
- Padres move on from Cabrera's drug suspension Updated: Feb-26-14 5:18 pm
- Freeman, Kimbrel, Stanton get steepest raises Updated: Feb-21-14 10:44 am
- Reds, Homer Bailey agree on $105M, 6-year deal Updated: Feb-19-14 7:16 pm
- RHP Justin Masterson, Indians agree at $9,762,500 Updated: Feb-18-14 3:06 pm
- Indians beat Tomlin in arbitration, improve to 2-0 Updated: Feb-15-14 5:32 pm
- 5 things to know about Padres as they start camp Updated: Feb-13-14 5:33 pm
- Cashner wins, Pestano loses in salary arbitration Updated: Feb-09-14 1:02 am
GLENDALE, Arizona - Nick Hundley hit a three-run homer off White Sox ace Chris Sale in the first inning Wednesday and the San Diego Padres defeated Chicago 8-0.
PEORIA, Arizona - On a day of bad news for Seattle starting pitching, James Paxton provided hope, retiring all six batters in the Mariners' 12-1 rout of the San Diego Padres on Friday.
TAMPA, Florida - The average raise for a player in salary arbitration was 117 percent this year, according to a study by The Associated Press, led by steep hikes for Freddie Freeman, Craig Kimbrel, Giancarlo Stanton and Michael Brantley.
GOODYEAR, Arizona - Starter Homer Bailey agreed to a $105 million, six-year contract on Wednesday that avoids arbitration and will help the Cincinnati Reds with their cash flow by deferring some of the salary for short periods.
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - The Cleveland Indians improved to 2-0 in salary arbitration cases this year, defeating pitcher Josh Tomlin.
SAN DIEGO - Five things to know about the San Diego Padres as they start spring training camp:
NEW YORK - San Diego's Andrew Cashner won and Cleveland's Vinnie Pestano lost as pitchers split decisions Saturday in baseball's first salary arbitration cases in two years.