- Court ruling makes Chicago Pride parade 'a true celebration' Updated: Jun-29-15 6:50 am
CHICAGO - People filling streets and sidewalks for Chicago's annual gay pride parade said Sunday's event was particularly meaningful - and an even bigger celebration than usual - following the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling allowing same-sex marriages in all 50 states.
- Illinois legislators want to expand Lincoln heritage area Updated: Jun-25-15 8:14 am
WASHINGTON - Members of Illinois' congressional delegation want an expansion of the Abraham Lincoln National Heritage Area that would include all the sites of his famed debates with Stephen Douglas.
- US Sen. Kirk asks Navy to name warship after city of Quincy Updated: Jun-24-15 7:38 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk wants the Navy to name a ship after Quincy, Illinois.
- Ayotte backs bill to eliminate information services agency Updated: Jun-23-15 4:34 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte is joining with three fellow Republicans to introduce legislation to eliminate what they view as an outdated and duplicative government agency.
- McConnell promises Senate vote on late-term abortion bill Updated: Jun-19-15 5:54 pm
WASHINGTON - Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell promised Friday that his chamber will vote on legislation banning most late-term abortions, setting the stage for a showdown over a top conservative priority that his party will likely lose.
- Senate resolution congratulates Chicago Blackhawks Updated: Jun-17-15 2:16 pm
CHICAGO - Illinois' U.S. senators are on opposite sides of the aisle, but they have joined to congratulate the Chicago Blackhawks.
- Rauner calls Kirk comment about Graham 'inappropriate' Updated: Jun-12-15 3:35 pm
CHICAGO - Gov. Bruce Rauner says Republican U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk's use of a word disparaging to women was "inappropriate."
- Kirk's office apologizes for senator's comment on women Updated: Jun-11-15 7:49 pm
CHICAGO - U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk of Illinois apologized Thursday through a spokeswoman after being caught on a live microphone using a word that's disparaging to women.