- Lt. Gov. Simon rejects Illinois pension deal Updated: Dec-03-13 6:52 am
- Congressmen seek medal for WW II-era US spy agency Updated: Nov-29-13 11:38 am
- Kirk tours Ill. storm damage as cleanup continues Updated: Nov-26-13 8:40 pm
- Obama, Senate spar over new Iran sanctions threats Updated: Nov-26-13 4:22 pm
- Holder: More fed money to fight Chicago violence Updated: Nov-25-13 9:52 pm
- Holder to attend Chicago prosecutor ceremony Updated: Nov-22-13 12:38 pm
- Oklahoma's Coburn votes to advance Yellen's bid Updated: Nov-21-13 6:52 pm
- Senate panel advances Yellen's bid to lead Fed Updated: Nov-21-13 4:46 pm
- Health care dispute could delay Iran sanctions Updated: Nov-15-13 4:31 pm
- Food allergy awareness reaches president's desk Updated: Nov-14-13 7:53 am
- Durbin opens hearing on judicial nominee Updated: Nov-14-13 4:05 am
- Recent Missouri editorials Updated: Nov-12-13 8:34 am
- Kirk says he won't endorse anyone in GOP primary Updated: Nov-12-13 4:13 am
- Illinois marks Veterans Day with ceremonies Updated: Nov-11-13 6:22 am
- Senators to discuss help for kids with allergies Updated: Nov-10-13 5:04 am
- Illinois GOP announces new state director Updated: Nov-08-13 4:06 am
- Canceled policies could be a plus for new markets Updated: Nov-07-13 6:42 pm
- Excerpts of editorials from Illinois newspapers Updated: Nov-05-13 11:46 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Lieutenant Gov. Sheila Simon says she doesn't support pension legislation that's set to be considered by Illinois lawmakers.
ALBANY, New York - The men and women who spied on Germany and Japan for the U.S. during World War II parachuted behind enemy lines, led guerrilla raids, invented special equipment such as scuba gear and established a counterintelligence network that endured into the Cold War.
WASHINGTON, Illinois - U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk on Tuesday toured tornado damage in the central Illinois city of Washington, saying it's his job to make sure federal funds are available to help recovery efforts.
WASHINGTON - An agreement secured with its greatest global foe, the Obama administration pleaded Tuesday with a more familiar if often difficult negotiating partner not to scuttle last weekend's Iran nuclear deal: Congress.
CHICAGO - Attorney General Eric Holder announced in Chicago on Monday that the federal government would make more money available to help the nation's third largest city fight persistent street violence.
CHICAGO - Attorney General Eric Holder will be in Chicago on Monday for the ceremonial swearing-in of the new chief prosecutor for northern Illinois.
TULSA, Oklahoma - Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn cast one of the three Republican votes Thursday that helped advance Janet Yellen's nomination to lead the Federal Reserve.
WASHINGTON - A Senate panel on Thursday advanced Janet Yellen's nomination to lead the Federal Reserve, setting up a final vote in the full Senate after lawmakers return from a two-week Thanksgiving break.
WASHINGTON - Under pressure from President Barack Obama, the Democratic-controlled Senate could delay a likely vote on a new round of tough sanctions on Iran.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama has signed legislation giving financial incentives to states to stockpile emergency medications in schools that could save lives in the cases of allergic reactions.
WASHINGTON - U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin has opened Judiciary Committee hearings on an appointment to a federal court in Illinois.
The Kansas City Star, Nov. 8
BUFFALO GROVE, Illinois - Republican Sen. Mark Kirk says he won't endorse any candidate in Illinois' GOP gubernatorial primary.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Ceremonies and memorials are scheduled across Illinois to mark Veterans' Day.
CHICAGO - U.S. Sens. Dick Durbin and Mark Kirk want states to improve school access to medication used to treat children's allergy attacks.
CHICAGO - The Illinois Republican Party and the Republican National Committee have announced a new state director whose job is to boost the party's election prospects.
WASHINGTON - Insurance cancellations are fueling a political backlash against President Barack Obama and Democrats supporting his health care overhaul.
November 4, 2013