- FEMA denies Illinois appeal on storm damage help Updated: Mar-04-14 9:41 pm
- Chicago officials say Ness undeserving of honor Updated: Feb-28-14 5:36 pm
- Illinois treasurer lawsuit worries watchdog groups Updated: Feb-11-14 11:55 pm
- Kirk: Federal support for sugar farmers costs jobs Updated: Feb-09-14 1:58 pm
- Senators seek $30M for Great Lakes infrastructure Updated: Feb-07-14 4:22 pm
CHICAGO - Gov. Pat Quinn on Tuesday said he was disappointed with the Federal Emergency Management Agency's denial of Illinois' appeal for federal disaster assistance for local governments impacted by the Nov. 17 tornado outbreak.
CHICAGO - An effort to scrub Eliot Ness's reputation as the federal lawman who brought down Al Capone came to Chicago's City Hall on Friday.
CHICAGO - While a federal lawsuit against Illinois Treasurer Dan Rutherford has publicized salacious sexual harassment allegations, government watchdog groups say the lawsuit's claims of political corruption are just as worrisome as the Republican campaigns for governor.
CHICAGO - Republican U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk and Democratic congressman Danny Davis say they want an end to federal government price protections for sugar farmers.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - A group of U.S. senators is asking the Army Corps of Engineers to pump more money into maintaining harbors in the Great Lakes region, which has a backlog of projects.