- Montana primary election field takes shape Updated: Mar-10-14 8:24 pm
- Walsh says he'll push Rocky Mountain Front bill Updated: Mar-05-14 7:30 pm
- Attorney submits US Senate vacancy initiative Updated: Mar-04-14 8:17 pm
- Flathead protection bill passes US House Updated: Mar-04-14 7:27 pm
- Daines gets $193,000 from NY investor's group Updated: Feb-24-14 4:32 pm
- Feds seek $7M in overpayments from 3 Mont. schools Updated: Feb-18-14 5:57 pm
- Daines proposes striking part of REAL ID law Updated: Feb-13-14 5:18 pm
- Billings real estate broker to try Senate run Updated: Feb-11-14 3:47 pm
- Walsh sworn in as Montana senator, replaces Baucus Updated: Feb-11-14 3:39 pm
HELENA, Montana - Dozens of people filed as candidates for office ahead of Monday's deadline by the Montana Secretary of State, setting up competitive races for seats in the U.S. Senate and House, along with a slate of legislative and judicial openings in June's primary elections.
BILLINGS, Montana - U.S. Sen. John Walsh says he's taking the lead role to advance a bill that would expand wilderness protections along the Rocky Mountain Front.
HELENA, Montana - A Helena attorney submitted a ballot initiative proposal Tuesday that would change Montana law to take away the governor's power to fill U.S. Senate vacancies and instead require special elections.
HELENA, Montana - The U.S. House passed legislation Tuesday to prevent mining and oil and gas drilling on federal lands along the North Fork of the Flathead River. It now goes to the Senate, where it has the backing of Montana's Democratic senators.
HELENA, Montana - A group organized by a New York hedge fund manager has given a significant boost to the Senate campaign of Republican U.S. Rep. Steve Daines.
HELENA, Montana - The U.S. government is seeking the return of $7 million paid over the last 37 years to three Montana school districts near Yellowstone National Park, saying they were overpayments from a program that should have ended decades ago.
HELENA, Montana - U.S. Rep. Steve Daines said Thursday he plans to introduce legislation that would strike the portion of a 2005 anti-terrorism law that sets national standards for driver's licenses and identification cards.
HELENA, Montana - A real estate broker from Billings says he will start gathering signatures for a possible campaign for U.S. Senate as an independent.
WASHINGTON - John Walsh became the newest member of the Senate on Tuesday and faces the challenge of making his appointment more permanent.