- India vows to cut carbon intensity in Paris pledge Updated: Oct-02-15 1:19 pm
NEW DELHI - India's long-awaited pledge for a global climate pact shows how the world's No. 3 carbon polluter is making significant efforts to rein in the growth of emissions linked to its fast-surging demands for energy, analysts said Friday.
- Anti-India anger in Nepal as essential supplies dry up Updated: Oct-01-15 10:14 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Nepal feels like it is being choked. It's running out of gasoline. Medical supplies are becoming scarce. All because of an unofficial economic blockade imposed by neighboring India from where Nepal gets almost all its essential supplies.
- At UN, Pakistan PM proposes peace initiative with India Updated: Sep-30-15 2:40 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Wednesday proposed a new peace initiative with historical rival India.
- Modi touts social media, tech development in Facebook visit Updated: Sep-28-15 12:50 am
MENLO PARK, California - Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi touted the power of social media and his own goals for developing India's tech economy on Sunday, speaking to a global audience from a "town hall" meeting at the headquarters of the world's largest social network.
- After success with Iran, pope, next stop for Obama is UN Updated: Sep-27-15 3:31 pm
NEW YORK - Fresh from successes on Iran and with the pope, President Barack Obama still carried heavy burdens into critical meetings this week at the U.N. General Assembly.
- Odd partnership: Ties warm between India and North Korea Updated: Sep-26-15 2:05 am
NEW DELHI - It's not the most obvious international friendship. On one side is the world's largest democracy, with its riotous collection of battling political parties and a freewheeling media with thousands of newspapers, TV stations and websites. On the other is a deeply isolated nation, a country with no political opposition and a media that does not question the long-ruling family. Access to the Internet, except for a handful of government-approved websites, is restricted to a tiny elite.
- Silicon Valley to give India's Modi 'rock star' treatment Updated: Sep-26-15 12:06 am
SAN FRANCISCO - For a change, Silicon Valley is buzzing about something besides a sleek new device, mind-bending breakthrough or precocious billionaire.
- AP Interview: India says reducing poverty is climate justice Updated: Sep-24-15 11:42 pm
NEW DELHI - India will confirm plans next week for a fivefold increase in renewable energy by 2020, the environment minister said. But it will continue to champion poor countries in their demand that industrialized nations assume the brunt of responsibility for decades of climate-warming emissions.
- US, India see obstacles to business in each other's country Updated: Sep-22-15 11:22 am
WASHINGTON - The U.S. and India are urging each other to remove impediments to business to boost two-way trade that now tops $100 billion.
- After outrage, India rethinks draconian social media policy Updated: Sep-22-15 7:43 am
NEW DELHI - The Indian government backtracked Tuesday on a proposed requirement for all messages sent on social media and mobile chatting apps to be saved for several months as a way of defeating encryption technology.