- Scott State of State speech highlights economy Updated: Mar-04-14 5:13 pm
- Fla. House gambling bill would not allow casinos Updated: Mar-03-14 10:16 pm
- Fla. lawmakers to kick off session Updated: Mar-03-14 7:19 pm
- Fla. lawmakers have money to spend or give back Updated: Feb-27-14 6:13 pm
- Fla. Gov. comes out against Arizona rights bill Updated: Feb-26-14 6:40 pm
- For Scott, it's about tax cuts and budget in 2014 Updated: Feb-26-14 3:09 pm
- Fla. Senate proposes new casinos, slot machines Updated: Feb-24-14 8:21 pm
- Fla. Gov. cancels trip to Dominican Republic Updated: Feb-20-14 11:28 am
- Charlie Crist calls for end to US embargo on Cuba Updated: Feb-08-14 2:56 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Gov. Rick Scott touted Florida's improving economy in a State of the State speech Tuesday that drew a contrast between the recession years under former Gov. Charlie Crist and the jobs created during his first three years in office.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A bid to bring major casinos to South Florida was dealt a significant setback under a sweeping gambling proposal rolled out late Monday by the Republican-controlled Florida House.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida legislators return to the state Capitol on Tuesday for a 60-day session that will likely focus on tax cuts, spending and school vouchers, but avoid many of the contentious issues that sparked partisan rancor and fierce debate in the last few years.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida's continued economic recovery is giving state legislators a reprieve from years of budget battles and a way to boost the election-year fortunes of Gov. Rick Scott.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida Gov. Rick Scott is joining with other Republicans opposed to an Arizona bill that would add protections for people who assert their religious beliefs in refusing service to gays.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Gov. Rick Scott, weighed down by lackluster poll numbers and a Republican Legislature intent on pursuing its own contentious reforms, appears content to keep it simple as he heads into the 2014 session.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Republican-controlled Florida Senate on Monday rolled out a sweeping gambling proposal that would bring casinos to South Florida as well as expand the use of slot machines across the state.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida Gov. Rick Scott is canceling his plans to head to the Dominican Republican for a trade mission.
MIAMI - Charlie Crist is calling for an end to the U.S. embargo on Cuba.