- Juventus could clinch Serie A title Updated: Apr-24-14 6:17 am
- Destro and Immobile could light up World Cup stage Updated: Apr-21-14 6:44 am
- Prandelli wary of putting pressure on Rossi Updated: Apr-15-14 2:17 pm
- Rossi and Cassano included for Italy fitness tests Updated: Apr-11-14 7:11 pm
- Rossi included for Italy fitness tests Updated: Apr-11-14 7:09 pm
- Fiorentina expects Rossi and Gomez back for final Updated: Apr-10-14 10:29 am
- Italy switches focus to attacking under Prandelli Updated: Apr-09-14 5:28 am
ROME - Closing in on its third successive Serie A title, Juventus will be watching very closely when second-place Roma hosts an AC Milan squad that is on a five-match winning streak Friday.
MILAN - Given the statistics, two players should have a chance to make their international breakthrough by lighting up Italy's attack at this summer's World Cup.
FLORENCE, Italy - Italy coach Cesare Prandelli is hopeful of taking Giuseppe Rossi to the World Cup in Brazil but is wary of putting pressure on the young forward as he recovers from injury.
ROME - Giuseppe Rossi and Antonio Cassano were called up for World Cup fitness tests Friday by Italy coach Cesare Prandelli, while in-form forward Mattia Destro was left out while serving a three-match ban in Serie A.
ROME - Giuseppe Rossi was selected Friday for pre-World Cup fitness tests by Italian national team coach Cesare Prandelli.
FLORENCE, Italy - Fiorentina forwards Giuseppe Rossi and Mario Gomez are expected back from injuries before the Italian Cup final May 3, which would give both players the chance to be selected for their World Cup squads.
ROME - There was the Mario Balotelli-inspired 2-1 win over Germany in the 2012 European Championship semifinals. And long stretches of dominance over Spain in last year's Confederations Cup semifinals - even though Spain eventually won in a penalty shootout.