- Prandelli wary of putting pressure on Rossi Updated: Apr-15-14 2:17 pm
- Rossi and Cassano included for Italy fitness tests Updated: Apr-11-14 7:11 pm
- Rossi included for Italy fitness tests Updated: Apr-11-14 7:09 pm
- Fiorentina expects Rossi and Gomez back for final Updated: Apr-10-14 10:29 am
- Italy switches focus to attacking under Prandelli Updated: Apr-09-14 5:28 am
- Snagging Green big beyond 2014 World Cup Updated: Mar-19-14 4:43 pm
FLORENCE, Italy - Italy coach Cesare Prandelli is hopeful of taking Giuseppe Rossi to the World Cup in Brazil but is wary of putting pressure on the young forward as he recovers from injury.
ROME - Giuseppe Rossi and Antonio Cassano were called up for World Cup fitness tests Friday by Italy coach Cesare Prandelli, while in-form forward Mattia Destro was left out while serving a three-match ban in Serie A.
ROME - Giuseppe Rossi was selected Friday for pre-World Cup fitness tests by Italian national team coach Cesare Prandelli.
FLORENCE, Italy - Fiorentina forwards Giuseppe Rossi and Mario Gomez are expected back from injuries before the Italian Cup final May 3, which would give both players the chance to be selected for their World Cup squads.
ROME - There was the Mario Balotelli-inspired 2-1 win over Germany in the 2012 European Championship semifinals. And long stretches of dominance over Spain in last year's Confederations Cup semifinals - even though Spain eventually won in a penalty shootout.
Luring Bayern Munich teenage forward Julian Green to play his international soccer for the United States rather than Germany was a big catch for coach Jurgen Klinsmann, but it's also one that is probably more about the Americans' long-term future rather than this year's World Cup.