- Colon beats Baltimore once again, Mets snap shutout string Updated: May-05-15 9:47 pm
NEW YORK - Bartolo Colon became the first pitcher in at least 100 years to beat the same opponent with seven different teams, stopping Baltimore once again and leading the New York Mets past the Orioles 3-2 Tuesday night.
- Mets add catcher Monell, send INF Campbell to Triple-A Updated: May-05-15 6:32 pm
- Mets waste another well-pitched game, lose 1-0 to Nats again Updated: May-03-15 6:26 pm
NEW YORK - Weekend series against Washington and its stingy starting rotation. Wrong time for the New York Mets to hit a serious slump at the plate.
- Marlins top Mets 7-3, take series from NL East leaders Updated: Apr-29-15 11:03 pm
MIAMI - Ichiro Suzuki was trying to merely drive home an insurance run.
- Mets, Astros, A-Rod highlight first month Updated: Apr-29-15 5:02 pm
From the Amazin' Mets to A-Rod smacking homers, it's been a wacky first month in the majors.
- Mistake-prone Mets lose 6-4 to Yanks in Subway Series finale Updated: Apr-27-15 1:29 am
NEW YORK - After a sensational start, the New York Mets made four errors Sunday night and reverted back to the shoddy brand of baseball that's led to six straight losing seasons.
- A-Rod hits No. 659, Yanks beat Mets 6-4 to win Subway Series Updated: Apr-27-15 12:50 am
NEW YORK - Alex Rodriguez is one big swing from matching Willie Mays. Whether the New York Yankees would celebrate that achievement - or pay for it, for that matter - remains to be seen.
- Mets win 11th straight to tie team record, 6-3 over Braves Updated: Apr-23-15 8:18 pm
NEW YORK - With a perfect ride through their first homestand, the surprising New York Mets matched the best start in team history.
- New Packed Citi: Mets off to fast start despite injuries Updated: Apr-20-15 2:30 am
NEW YORK - One week of winning baseball from Matt Harvey and the Mets has created something new at Citi Field this season: noise.
- Harvey, banged-up Mets hold off Marlins 7-6 for 8th straight Updated: Apr-19-15 6:14 pm
NEW YORK - Travis d'Arnaud had his right hand in a blue cast. Jerry Blevins' left arm was in a sling. About the only thing not broken Sunday at Citi Field was the New York Mets' winning streak.
- Mets get HRs from d'Arnaud and Duda to sweep Phillies, 6-1 Updated: Apr-15-15 11:17 pm
NEW YORK - There was the home opener a couple of days ago. Matt Harvey's return to Citi Field. And then the first game since David Wright got hurt.
- Mets put 3B David Wright on 15-day DL, recall Eric Campbell Updated: Apr-15-15 7:36 pm
NEW YORK - Eight games into the season, David Wright is on the disabled list again.
- Some Mets fans urge Wilpons at home opener: 'Ya gotta leave' Updated: Apr-13-15 5:08 pm
NEW YORK - A group of New York Mets fans has its own slogan this season, a message directed at the club's owners. When the team arrived at Citi Field for Monday's home opener, it was greeted by two new billboards just outside the ballpark.
- Families of slain NYC police officers honored at Mets game Updated: Apr-13-15 3:37 pm
NEW YORK - The families of two slain New York City police officers threw out the ceremonial first pitch at the Mets' home opener at Citi Field on Monday and were joined by Mayor Bill de Blasio at a time when his relationship with the police department is again coming under scrutiny.
- 'Back in the Saddle,' Harvey leads Mets past Nationals 6-3 Updated: Apr-09-15 6:00 pm
WASHINGTON - Matt Harvey was rarin' to go in his return from Tommy John surgery, right down to the knobs of his bats labeled with his nickname in all caps: DARK KNIGHT.
- Dodgers set MLB record payroll at $270M; average is $4.2M Updated: Apr-05-15 11:40 pm
NEW YORK - The Los Angeles Dodgers set a baseball record with a $270 million opening-day payroll, including nearly $44 million going to players no longer on the team.