- Lindor homers, Sabathia hurt as Indians beat Yankees 4-3 Updated: Aug-23-15 7:04 pm
NEW YORK - Growing up in Puerto Rico, Francisco Lindor knew a lot of New York Yankees' fans, so he rooted for the Boston Red Sox.
- Salazar has slow start, Francona ejected in Indians' loss Updated: Aug-22-15 6:44 pm
NEW YORK - Terry Francona had a good view of Danny Salazar's rough start from the dugout. He was watching on TV as the right-hander found his groove a little too late.
- Hicks hurt in Twins' loss to Yanks; Buxton to be recalled Updated: Aug-19-15 6:33 pm
NEW YORK - The fading Minnesota Twins will have to try to reinsert themselves into the AL wild-card race without Aaron Hicks. The center fielder is headed back to the disabled list.
- Bird has 2, 2-run HRs for Yankees in in 4-3 win over Twins Updated: Aug-19-15 5:59 pm
NEW YORK - Greg Bird shrugged his shoulders a few times, gave a bashful smile or two and talked about how he's just honored to be helping his Yankees teammates. Nothing seemed to faze this 22-year-old rookie.
- Victim's son throws out 1st pitch at Yankee Stadium Updated: Aug-17-15 8:47 pm
NEW YORK - Chris Singleton took a huge swing and watched the ball sail high into the first row of seats in left at Yankee Stadium, drawing loud whoops and fist bumps from a bunch of big leaguers around the batting cage.
- Jays lose 4-3 to Yankees, snapping 11-game winning streak Updated: Aug-15-15 12:02 am
TORONTO - After watching David Price hold the New York Yankees scoreless for seven innings, Blue Jays manager John Gibbons hoped he could coax one more frame from his tiring ace.
- Ellsbury, Sabathia lead Yankees to 2-1 win over Red Sox Updated: Aug-06-15 11:53 pm
NEW YORK - Sweat was streaming down CC Sabathia's face to the point where he said he couldn't see. He stomped around the mound, shouted and swore encouragement to himself.
- McCann sidelined with stiff knee; Yankees re-sign Jones Updated: Aug-05-15 7:48 pm
NEW YORK - Brian McCann is out of the New York Yankees' lineup Wednesday night against Boston because of a stiff left knee.