- 'Still Pam': Life with ALS Updated: Apr-30-16 2:05 am
HAVRE, Montana - Everything you do you will eventually do for the last time.
- Correction: LGBT Rights-Cancellations story Updated: Apr-27-16 5:35 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - In a story April 25 about Nick Jonas and Demi Lovato canceling their shows in North Carolina in protest of the state's new law addressing LGBT rights, The Associated Press reported erroneously that Mumford and Sons had also canceled their performance. The band performed in Charlotte and donated a portion of the proceeds from the show to a local LGBT organization.
- Fallout from North Carolina LGBT law worries small business Updated: Apr-27-16 11:22 am
Small businesses in North Carolina are already losing valuable business because of the new state law limiting protections for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people.
- North Carolina GOP's careful plan could be in jeopardy Updated: Apr-23-16 11:10 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A decade ago, GOP leaders developed a strategy to take over North Carolina's state government for the first time since 1870: Aggressively pursue the seats of vulnerable Democratic lawmakers and win House and Senate majorities by 2010; use those majorities to redistrict the state in Republicans' favor; and push a business-friendly, socially conservative agenda in a Southern state where progressive policies once held sway.
- Blue Man Group joins others canceling North Carolina dates Updated: Apr-23-16 10:42 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Blue Man Group is the latest musical act to cancel shows in North Carolina after the state's passage of a law limiting anti-discrimination protections for the LGBT community.
- Top lawmaker: North Carolina rights law will stay in place Updated: Apr-20-16 7:55 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A North Carolina legislative leader said Wednesday he doesn't see the need to repeal or revise a law that limits protections for the LGBT community.
- Silver: NC law 'problematic' to NBA, no decision on All-Star Updated: Apr-15-16 6:45 pm
NEW YORK - NBA Commissioner Adam Silver said Friday a North Carolina law that limits anti-discrimination protections for lesbian, gay and transgender people remains "problematic" for the league, but he said there is no decision on moving next year's All-Star Game out of Charlotte.
- Cirque du Soleil will snub North Carolina after state law Updated: Apr-15-16 2:43 pm
NEW YORK - The Canadian-based circus company Cirque du Soleil is cancelling upcoming stops in North Carolina by two of its touring shows to protest a state law that limits anti-discrimination protections for the LGBT community.
- Transgender advocates fear bill's fallout even if it dies Updated: Apr-14-16 10:13 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Transgender people said Thursday they fear a South Carolina bill that would require them to use the public bathroom for their biological sex will stoke misguided fears and endorse restroom vigilantism, even if the bill ultimately dies as expected.
- Ani DiFranco, Cyndi Lauper join North Carolina law protest Updated: Apr-14-16 5:35 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - Ani DiFranco and Cyndi Lauper are the latest musicians to protest a North Carolina state law that limits anti-discrimination protections for the LGBT community.
- The Latest: Appalachian State students end sit-in protest Updated: Apr-13-16 6:52 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The Latest on legislation that critics say discriminates against transgender people by limiting their bathroom choices. Supporters say it protects privacy and safety. (all times local):
- Country artists condemn LGBT laws, but labels silent Updated: Apr-13-16 5:02 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Several country music artists and songwriters have condemned proposed laws that critics say discriminate against LGBT people, but anyone looking for reaction from the record labels and production companies on Nashville's Music Row has heard only the sound of silence.
- Bryan Adams cancels Mississippi show, citing state's new law Updated: Apr-11-16 1:33 am
BILOXI, Mississippi - Canadian rocker Bryan Adams is canceling a performance this week in Mississippi, citing the state's new law that allows religious groups and some private businesses to refuse service to gay couples.
- Dems put LGBT leader in Legislature after transgender law Updated: Apr-09-16 2:58 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Democrats in North Carolina's third-largest county on Saturday voted to send a leading gay-rights advocate to the state Legislature for its annual session beginning later this month.
- Van Zandt: Show nixed because N Carolina law is 'evil virus' Updated: Apr-09-16 10:47 am
NEW YORK - Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band canceled their North Carolina concert because of the state's new law blocking anti-discrimination rules for the LGBT community, said guitarist Steven Van Zandt, calling it the kind of legislation that's like an "evil virus" spreading around the U.S.
- UNC president: Transgender law could hurt schools Updated: Apr-08-16 5:52 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A new state law blocking anti-discrimination policies that would protect the LGBT community could turn away promising faculty and students, University of North Carolina President Margaret Spellings said Friday, a day after issuing a memo to campus chancellors saying the schools would comply with the law.
- In 2nd season, Joe Maddon has Cubs targeting title drought Updated: Apr-08-16 2:27 am
CHICAGO - Whether there was a mime leading warmups, a 1970s van blasting disco music or Chicago Cubs mingling with real cubs this spring, Joe Maddon was in top form long before the season's first pitch.
- Review: Melissa McCarthy's 'The Boss' misses the mark Updated: Apr-06-16 5:38 pm
The search continues for a suitable showcase for the awesome talents of Melissa McCarthy outside of films directed by Paul Feig.
- Peace, love and understanding? Not always at the Rock Hall Updated: Apr-06-16 7:35 am
NEW YORK - All you need is love.
- Musicians turn out for David Bowie tribute concerts Updated: Mar-31-16 11:32 pm
NEW YORK - A sold-out Carnegie Hall audience joined a children's chorus in a singalong to David Bowie's "Space Oddity" Thursday, a sweet end to a tribute concert that turned into a memorial through some bizarre timing.