- Scandals prompt ethics bills from Senate Democrats Updated: Mar-06-14 8:19 pm
- Lawmakers report thousands in gifts from groups Updated: Mar-04-14 5:50 pm
- Leader says lost supermajority won't hinder Senate Updated: Mar-03-14 8:29 pm
- California lawmaker accused of corruption on leave Updated: Mar-03-14 12:16 am
- Democrats give indicted lawmaker 1 week to resign Updated: Feb-24-14 7:10 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Stung by criminal charges against two colleagues, the leader of the state Senate and other Democratic lawmakers on Thursday proposed tightening rules on lawmakers and lobbyists.
SACRAMENTO, California - California lawmakers, including two Democrats who are on leave after being charged with criminal offenses, have reported thousands of dollars in gifts and travel expenses they received from donors.
SACRAMENTO, California - Major issues facing the Legislature, including a water bond and reshaping the state's rainy day fund, can be addressed this year despite the loss of Democrats' supermajority, the state Senate leader said Monday.
SACRAMENTO, California - A California state lawmaker facing federal corruption charges alleging he took kickbacks while in office said Sunday evening he has taken an indefinite leave of absence from the Legislature while he awaits trial.
SACRAMENTO, California - Democratic lawmakers say they will give a state senator one week to resign or risk being suspended after he was indicted last week on multiple federal corruption charges.