- Potential evidence against lawmaker remains sealed Updated: Apr-08-14 5:19 pm
- California Senate erases websites of 3 lawmakers Updated: Apr-07-14 8:14 pm
- Lawmakers propose reforms to regain public trust Updated: Apr-06-14 11:43 pm
- Senate Democrats cancel San Diego golf fundraiser Updated: Apr-01-14 7:49 pm
- California Senate suspends 3 Democratic lawmakers Updated: Mar-28-14 9:19 pm
- Governor urges 3 state senators to resign Updated: Mar-28-14 8:07 pm
- California senators vote to suspend 3 members Updated: Mar-28-14 6:17 pm
- 3 California state senators' legal troubles Updated: Mar-28-14 5:22 pm
- California state senator freed from jail on bond Updated: Mar-26-14 10:44 pm
- Arrested lawmaker known for transparency bills Updated: Mar-26-14 7:08 pm
LOS ANGELES - Grand jury testimony and other potential evidence against indicted California state Sen. Ronald Calderon should not be handed over to his attorney at this time, a federal judge said Tuesday.
SACRAMENTO, California - The California Senate has erased the names and online archives of three suspended lawmakers entangled in criminal cases.
SACRAMENTO, California - A series of scandals that has tarnished the integrity of the state Legislature has prompted a wave of proposals aimed at strengthening political ethics and reforming laws governing campaign contributions.
SACRAMENTO, California - The state Senate leader on Tuesday canceled a high-profile golfing fundraiser in the wake of criminal proceedings against three state senators.
SACRAMENTO, California - The California Senate voted Friday to suspend three lawmakers caught up in separate criminal cases after the latest one to be hauled into court refused to step down, the most serious house-cleaning action the chamber has taken in more than a century.
SACRAMENTO, California - Gov. Jerry Brown is calling on three Democratic state lawmakers involved in separate criminal proceedings to resign from office, saying it is the best way to "restore public confidence."
SACRAMENTO, California - The state Senate voted 28-1 on Friday to suspend three members who face criminal charges: Sens. Ron Calderon, Roderick Wright and Leland Yee. One senator was present but did not vote, and nine were absent, including all three senators who were suspended. One seat is vacant.
SACRAMENTO, California - So far in 2014, each month has brought news of another arrest or conviction of a Democratic California state senator. Legislators voted to suspend all three senators on Friday, though they will continue to receive their salaries. Here is some background about their legal troubles:
SAN FRANCISCO - California state Sen. Leland Yee has been released from custody and his lawyer says the Democrat from San Francisco plans to plead not guilty to corruption and gun charges.
SACRAMENTO, California - Before his arrest Wednesday on federal corruption charges, Sen. Leland Yee was best known for his attempts to strengthen California's open records, government transparency and whistleblower protection laws.