- Brandenburg left VCU past E. Kentucky, 71-68 in OT Updated: Dec-05-13 9:51 pm
- VCU downs Belmont 81-68 Updated: Dec-01-13 7:44 pm
- Graham's 24 push VCU past Northeastern, 79-66 Updated: Nov-30-13 12:42 am
- Losses in Puerto Rico gives VCU 'reality check' Updated: Nov-26-13 4:14 pm
- Georgetown survives in 84-80 win over No. 10 VCU Updated: Nov-24-13 6:41 pm
- Fouls doom No. 10 VCU in 84-80 loss to Georgetown Updated: Nov-24-13 6:36 pm
- Pressure not enough as No. 10 falls to FSU, 85-67 Updated: Nov-22-13 12:09 am
- Miller, Florida State wear down No. 10 VCU 85-67 Updated: Nov-21-13 11:53 pm
- Winthrop worn down by No. 14 VCU in 92-71 loss Updated: Nov-16-13 11:03 pm
- Weber scores 16 to lead No. 14 VCU over Winthrop Updated: Nov-16-13 10:41 pm
- Tobey leads No. 25 Virginia over Davidson 70-57 Updated: Nov-16-13 6:20 pm
- Davidson drops another to No. 25 Virginia 70-57 Updated: Nov-16-13 4:11 pm
- No. 25 Cavs come up short to No. 14 VCU, 59-56 Updated: Nov-12-13 11:20 pm
- Graham lifts No. 14 VCU past No. 25 UVA, 59-56 Updated: Nov-12-13 10:36 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Rob Brandenburg hit an early 3-pointer and Melvin Johnson had a critical free throw with 14.2 seconds to go, and Virginia Commonwealth held off Eastern Kentucky 71-68 on Thursday night.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Juvonte Reddic scored 18 points and grabbed 11 rebounds Sunday and Virginia Commonwealth ended Belmont's nation-leading 23-game home win streak 81-68.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Treveon Graham came off the bench and scored 24 points as Virginia Commonwealth pulled away in the second half and beat longtime nemesis Northeastern 79-66 on Friday night.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Senior guard Rob Brandenburg said losing twice in three games during a tournament in in Puerto Rico gave VCU a "reality check," one that sent the Rams plummeting from being ranked 10th in the country to out of the Top 25.
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Georgetown began its four-day trip to San Juan thinking about a humbling loss after a second-half collapse against Northeastern.
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Virginia Commonwealth coach Shaka Smart suspected his team might not be as good as the No. 10 ranking it brought to the Puerto Rico Tip-Off.
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - When Virginia Commonwealth has had success turning teams over and pushing the pace, it's usually meant good things have happened for the Rams.
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - The last time Florida State and Virginia Commonwealth met, the Seminoles lost in a matchup of attacking defensive styles in a ragged, fast-paced affair that saw VCU trudge away as the survivor.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Winthrop withstood VCU's vaunted pressure for a half before it finally wore the Eagles down.
RICHMOND, Virginia - It took a little while for VCU's vaunted pressure defense to get going. Eventually the 14th-ranked Rams were able to wear down Winthrop.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - One minute into the second half, Virginia coach Tony Bennett called a timeout and lit into his team.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Davidson coach Bob McKillop insists his team's brutal schedule will pay dividends down the road for his Wildcats.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Virginia coach Tony Bennett glanced at the stat sheet, and saw these numbers: 19 and 33.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Treveon Graham of VCU moved into position a few steps behind the 3-point line and waited.