- Cutler tax plan focuses on lowering property taxes Updated: Apr-15-14 12:50 pm
- Medicaid expansion fails in Maine for a third time Updated: Apr-11-14 4:01 pm
- Federal lawmakers rarely hiring veterans Updated: Apr-08-14 3:36 pm
- Social media engagement varies by Maine candidates Updated: Apr-06-14 2:32 pm
- Gubernatorial candidate Cutler makes roads pitch Updated: Apr-01-14 5:55 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - As the legislative session nears a close, independent Eliot Cutler sought to refocus attention Tuesday on the three-way governor's race with a property tax relief proposal that would slash taxes for homeowners while attempting to shift some of the tax burden onto visitors, possibly through a seasonal sales tax.
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Maine Legislature failed on Friday in its third attempt to overturn Gov. Paul LePage's veto of a bill that would expand Medicaid coverage to 70,000 low-income residents under the federal health care law - an issue that's certain to play prominently in this year's governor's race.
WASHINGTON - Members of Congress often urge federal agencies and the private sector to hire military veterans, but a survey suggests they rarely follow that advice with their personal staff.
AUGUSTA, Maine - All three gubernatorial candidates in Maine are using Facebook well, but there are differences when it comes to their engagement with potential voters, according to two social media specialists.
PORTLAND, Maine - Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler called for improved roads, cellular service and Internet access during the first major policy announcement of his campaign on Tuesday.