- Land offers ideas for alternative to health law Updated: Mar-10-14 6:53 pm
- Plans moving forward for new Detroit-Canada bridge Updated: Mar-09-14 12:16 pm
- Congress members seek US probe of petcoke safety Updated: Mar-05-14 9:07 pm
- No bucks for Detroit bridge plaza in Obama budget Updated: Mar-04-14 5:11 pm
- Michigan's Peters attacks Land on auto bailout Updated: Mar-03-14 4:12 pm
- Michigan GOP elects Romney's niece to US committee Updated: Feb-15-14 1:09 pm
LANSING, Michigan - After relentlessly criticizing Democrat Gary Peters for his support of the federal health care law, Republican U.S. Senate candidate Terri Lynn Land is outlining her own ideas about health care while also embracing some elements of the four-year-old law.
DETROIT - The omission in the federal budget for funding specifically for a border inspection plaza in Michigan is not expected to delay efforts to build a commuter bridge connecting Detroit with Canada, state officials say.
WYANDOTTE, Michigan - U.S. Reps. Gary Peters of Michigan and Mike Quigley of Illinois have requested a federal investigation to find "best practices for transporting and storing petroleum coke" and to study its effects on human health.
DETROIT - President Barack Obama has failed to put money in his federal budget proposal for a customs plaza on the Detroit side of a planned $3.5 billion bridge between the city and Canada.
LANSING, Michigan - Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Gary Peters sought to put his Republican opponent, Terri Land, on the defensive Monday by highlighting her 2012 opposition to the federal auto bailout, which is credited with saving the industry and is popular with Michigan voters.
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Michigan Republican officials on Saturday selected the niece of former GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney to replace Terri Lynn Land on the party's national committee.