- Venezuelans mourn Chavez but protests don't break Updated: Mar-05-14 10:49 pm
- 'Cuban Five' agent imprisoned in US back in Havana Updated: Feb-28-14 4:40 pm
- Congressman Ed Pastor won't run for re-election Updated: Feb-27-14 7:21 pm
- Cuba: Rene Gonzalez eyes fellow agent's US release Updated: Feb-20-14 12:07 am
- Cuba frees jailed Canadian businessman Updated: Feb-08-14 9:17 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Thousands of Venezuelans mourned the passing of President Hugo Chavez on the first anniversary of his death Wednesday, while National Guard troops fired tear gas and rubber bullets at anti-government activists who pressed on with street protests despite the commemorations.
HAVANA - A second member of the "Cuban Five" returned to the Caribbean island and a hero's welcome Friday, a day after leaving a prison in the United States, where he spent 15 years behind bars on spy-related charges.
PHOENIX - U.S. Rep. Ed Pastor, a Democrat who is the senior member of Arizona's House delegation, announced Thursday that he will retire at the end of his current term.
HAVANA - When Fernando Gonzalez walks out of an Arizona prison next week, the "Cuban Five" will be down to three.
TORONTO - A Canadian businessman who served 2 1/2 years of a 9-year prison sentence in Cuba for corruption has abruptly returned to Canada.