- The Latest: Spain ready to talk about third Greek bailout Updated: Jul-06-15 6:01 am
ATHENS, Greece - The latest on the bailout referendum in Greece (all times local):
- Top Republican doubts Senate will confirm ambassador to Cuba Updated: Jul-02-15 4:32 pm
WASHINGTON - Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Thursday that his chamber is unlikely to approve an American ambassador to Cuba, dishing out a quick rebuff to President Barack Obama and his drive to normalize relations with the U.S. neighbor and longtime Cold War foe.
- Top US diplomat in Cuba on short list for new embassy Updated: Jul-02-15 2:14 pm
HAVANA - From his office high above Havana, Jeffrey DeLaurentis has a sweeping view of the cerulean Florida Straits and the blood-red letters declaring Cuba's defiance of the United States.
- The Latest: Cuba embassy plan riles Republican hopefuls Updated: Jul-01-15 4:51 pm
WASHINGTON - The United States and Cuba will open embassies in their capital cities after more than 50 years of hostilities between the two countries. The latest developments (all times local):
- Hemingway's Havana home to get $900,000 in US improvements Updated: Jun-22-15 4:11 pm
HAVANA - A U.S. foundation will ship nearly $900,000 in supplies to build a state-of-the-art facility to preserve Ernest Hemingway's books, letters and photos - the first major export of construction materials to Cuba since President Barack Obama loosened the trade embargo on the island.
- America's inaugural poet visits Cuba amid warming with US Updated: Jun-19-15 9:07 am
EL ESPARTACO, Cuba - The old woman looked suspiciously from her window as American poet Richard Blanco and a writer friend clambered out of a battered Soviet-era sedan and walked up to her front porch.
- Republican senator sees US embassy in Havana coming soon Updated: Jun-13-15 8:11 pm
HAVANA - The opening of a U.S. embassy in Cuba for the first in 54 years is "imminent," a U.S. senator said Saturday as he and two other Republicans finished a short visit to Cuba said.
- AP Exclusive: Inaugural poet launches Cuba writing project Updated: Jun-09-15 12:10 am
LOS ANGELES - Poet Richard Blanco is launching a writing project to lift what he calls Cuba's "emotional embargo."