- Grievances persist despite start of new era in US-Cuba ties Updated: Jul-20-15 5:27 pm
WASHINGTON - The Cuban national flag fluttered in the Washington sun Monday as the U.S. and Cuba formally ended more than a half-century of estrangement, formally re-establishing relations severed at the height of the Cold War. But the symbolism of an embassy ceremony could not conceal deep, lingering conflicts between the nations.
- Timeline of key dates in US relations with Cuba Updated: Jul-20-15 12:19 am
Timeline of key events in U.S.-Cuba relations:
- Cubans facing deportation await changes in US-Cuba relations Updated: Jul-18-15 3:15 am
MIAMI - With the United States and Cuba inching closer to fully restoring diplomatic ties, including re-opening embassies for the first time in 54 years, the future is murky for tens of thousands of Cuban immigrants who have been ordered by immigration authorities to leave the country.
- Cuban flag to hang in State Dept. lobby as embassies reopen Updated: Jul-17-15 4:36 pm
WASHINGTON - The Cuban flag will soon be hung in the lobby of the State Department, joining those of other nations with which the United States has diplomatic relations, the department said Friday.
- Raul Castro eyes 'new stage' for US-Cuba as ties to resume Updated: Jul-15-15 9:11 pm
HAVANA - Raul Castro said Wednesday that Cuba and the United States are entering a new era as the countries prepare to restart diplomatic relations next week, though he insisted more changes in U.S. policy toward the communist-run island are necessary.
- Cuba: Mariel port, economic zone attract 1st foreign firms Updated: Jul-14-15 4:35 pm
MARIEL, Cuba - At Cuba's new mega-port project west of Havana, shipping containers are stacked five-deep the length of its 2,300-foot (700-meter) dock alongside four massive, Chinese-built offloading cranes.
- Pope acknowledges US critics, and downplays US-Cuba role Updated: Jul-13-15 10:11 am
ABOARD THE PAPAL PLANE - Pope Francis is acknowledging criticism in the United States of his anti-capitalist stance and is calling for dialogue before his high-profile trip in September. He's also downplaying his role in the U.S.-Cuba rapprochement.
- Top US diplomat in Cuba on short list for new embassy Updated: Jul-02-15 2:14 pm
HAVANA - From his office high above Havana, Jeffrey DeLaurentis has a sweeping view of the cerulean Florida Straits and the blood-red letters declaring Cuba's defiance of the United States.
- The Latest: Cuba embassy plan riles Republican hopefuls Updated: Jul-01-15 4:51 pm
WASHINGTON - The United States and Cuba will open embassies in their capital cities after more than 50 years of hostilities between the two countries. The latest developments (all times local):