- Senate blocks Dems' bill boosting vets' benefits Updated: Feb-27-14 5:41 pm
- BP employee PAC making Alabama contributions Updated: Feb-25-14 12:32 pm
- Officials to commemorate Toyota Alabama milestone Updated: Feb-18-14 11:51 am
- Sen. Sessions praises Remington development plan Updated: Feb-16-14 3:25 pm
- Parker Griffith Democrat again, runs for governor Updated: Feb-07-14 8:26 pm
- List of candidates for major Alabama offices Updated: Feb-07-14 8:23 pm
WASHINGTON - A divided Senate on Thursday derailed Democratic legislation that would have provided $21 billion for medical, education and job-training benefits for the nation's veterans. The bill fell victim to election-year disputes over spending and fresh penalties against Iran.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Nearly four years after the Gulf oil spill, a political action committee associated with BP oil company is contributing to Alabama politicians' campaigns.
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - State and local officials are set to hold celebrate a milestone for a north Alabama auto engine plant.
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - A plan by Remington Outdoor Co. to open a plant in Huntsville that could employ thousands of workers has won the support of Republican Sen. Jeff Sessions.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Former Republican U.S. Rep. Parker Griffith of Huntsville rejoined the Democratic Party and entered the race for governor minutes before Friday's deadline.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Democratic and Republican candidates who qualified for major state offices: