- Rhode Island judge: Pension lawsuit may go forward Updated: Apr-16-14 6:55 pm
- Mediation in Rhode Island pension lawsuits fails Updated: Apr-11-14 2:07 pm
- Climate change bill lays out Rhode Island response Updated: Apr-03-14 8:34 pm
- Speaker: Pension settlement process 'frustrating' Updated: Mar-27-14 3:11 pm
- Giroux kicks off campaign for RI governor Updated: Mar-26-14 12:38 pm
- Federal funding of $7M to improve RI preparedness Updated: Mar-23-14 12:08 pm
- Chafee: Confident in House after Fox resignation Updated: Mar-22-14 7:20 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A lawsuit brought by public sector unions and retirees over Rhode Island's 2011 pension overhaul can now move forward, a judge ruled Wednesday, days after both sides said a lengthy mediation had failed.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Talks to salvage a proposed settlement designed to end the legal fight over Rhode Island's 2011 landmark pension overhaul have failed and the original court challenge is moving ahead, both sides of the case said Friday.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island faces a serious threat from climate change but should consider it an opportunity to become a national leader on this front, the head of a legislative panel on the environment said Thursday.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - House Speaker Nicholas Mattiello on Thursday called the process to reach a proposed settlement in the legal fight over Rhode Island's pension overhaul "frustrating" and said he believes the law would withstand a challenge in court.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Democrat Todd Giroux has formally launched his long-shot bid to become Rhode Island governor.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island officials say the state will receive $7 million in federal funding to improve emergency preparedness and recovery.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A spokeswoman for Rhode Island Gov. Lincoln Chafee (CHAY'-fee) says he is confident that members of the state House will "continue the job they were elected to do" after Speaker Gordon Fox announced he was resigning from the top post following raids of his home and office.