- Taveras outlines plan to address 'skills gap' Updated: Mar-11-14 1:28 pm
- Raimondo releases plan for manufacturing jobs Updated: Mar-10-14 4:55 pm
- Conn. governor visiting RI to discuss dyslexia Updated: Mar-07-14 3:04 am
- Malloy, businesses sidestep minimum wage battle Updated: Mar-05-14 12:26 pm
- Chafee to travel to Connecticut for Obama speech Updated: Mar-05-14 11:39 am
- 3 Democratic governors talk up higher minimum wage Updated: Mar-02-14 2:13 pm
- Mass., Conn., RI governors. oppose military cuts Updated: Mar-01-14 1:13 pm
- Chafee reappoints 3 to economic development board Updated: Feb-26-14 12:47 pm
- RI gov. hopeful Block pitches big tax cuts Updated: Feb-25-14 1:57 pm
- Olympic figure skating medalist returns home to RI Updated: Feb-25-14 6:05 am
- RI Gov. Chafee heads to DC for governors' meeting Updated: Feb-22-14 9:35 am
- Providence to help parents prepare kids for school Updated: Feb-15-14 11:09 am
- RI officials: Pension talks continue, trial set Updated: Feb-12-14 4:58 pm
- Taveras: 'We are restoring hope' in Providence Updated: Feb-11-14 6:48 pm
CUMBERLAND, Rhode Island - Democratic gubernatorial hopeful and Providence Mayor Angel Taveras on Tuesday unveiled a plan to address the "skills gap" that aims to train up to 3,750 workers over four years.
SMITHFIELD, Rhode Island - Rhode Island gubernatorial candidate Gina Raimondo would create so-called "innovation institutes" and tap into the Community College of Rhode Island to provide more workforce training under a plan released Monday to increase manufacturing jobs in a state with one of the worst unemployment rates in the nation.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy is appearing at a Rhode Island school, where he is scheduled to talk to students about his personal experiences overcoming learning disabilities.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Gov. Dannel P. Malloy pitched his economic development agenda on Wednesday to Connecticut's largest business group, but the sides avoided a looming fight over his demand that the legislature raise the state's minimum wage.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Three Democratic governors are talking up a higher minimum wage just days before appearing with President Barack Obama in a Connecticut visit focusing on state and federal efforts on the issue.
BOSTON - The governors of Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island are stepping up calls on President Barack Obama to scale back the proposed shrinking of the Army National Guard.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island Gov. Lincoln Chafee has reappointed three people serving on the board of the state's Commerce Corp., the agency previously known as the Economic Development Corp.
CRANSTON, Rhode Island - Republican gubernatorial candidate Ken Block proposed an ambitious series of tax cuts and government reforms Tuesday that he said would boost Rhode Island's economy while addressing years of political inaction.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Hundreds of people gathered in Providence to give a warm homecoming to Olympic figure skating bronze medalist Marissa Castelli.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island Gov. Lincoln Chafee is heading to Washington D.C. for a gathering of the nation's governors.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - U.S. Sen. Jack Reed and Rhode Island officials are preparing to launch an education program for parents and educators that they hope will help children prepare for school in Providence.
WARWICK, Rhode Island - Plans to unveil a proposed settlement in the legal challenge to Rhode Island's pension overhaul evaporated Wednesday and a date was set for trial, though officials engaged in closed-door talks over the landmark law's fate insist negotiations will continue.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Mayor Angel Taveras said Tuesday that the city of Providence is improving after hard fiscal times, and that his administration is "restoring hope" to the capital.