- VP Biden opens weeklong Asia trip with Tokyo stop Updated: Dec-02-13 7:58 pm
- Biden visits Asia amid Japan-SKorea's toxic ties Updated: Dec-02-13 10:43 am
- Japan minister handling trade talks in hospital Updated: Dec-02-13 12:56 am
- Japan, China in war of words over airspace Updated: Nov-25-13 10:28 pm
- East-West Center board gets Japan, India execs Updated: Nov-19-13 8:04 am
- Swiss chocolate maker opens factory in Japan Updated: Nov-14-13 3:51 am
- Low-rate policies fueling world growth carry risks Updated: Nov-12-13 12:04 am
TOKYO - U.S. Vice President Joe Biden has opened a weeklong trip to Asia aimed at showing the U.S. is still committed to increasing its engagement and influence in the region.
SEOUL, South Korea - When South Korean fans at a soccer game against Japan unfurled two massive banners honoring men considered national heroes for battling Japanese invaders, organizers took them down, Tokyo grumbled - and South Koreans cheered yet another sign of defiance against their former colonizer.
TOKYO - The Japanese economy minister involved in talks with the U.S. and other countries on a Pacific Rim trade pact has been hospitalized for tests, just as the negotiations approach a year-end deadline.
TOKYO - Japan and China are exchanging angry words over a territorial dispute, with each country summoning the other's ambassador and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe calling a newly declared Chinese maritime air defense zone dangerous and unenforceable.
HONOLULU - Top business executives from India and Japan are joining the East-West Center board.
TAKASAKI, Japan - The opening of a Swiss-owned chocolate factory northwest of Tokyo is a small but sweet milestone in Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's crusade to lure foreign investment to Japan after decades of keeping local industries protected from outside competition.
WASHINGTON - Five years after a global financial crisis erupted, the world's biggest economies still need to be propped up.