- Europe wants its Parmesan back, seeks name change Updated: Mar-11-14 4:34 pm
- Branstad aide must be deposed in Iowa voting case Updated: Mar-06-14 1:17 pm
- Gillibrand urges feds to look at bee losses in NY Updated: Feb-28-14 3:08 am
- Cut out junk food ads in schools, government says Updated: Feb-25-14 9:04 pm
- California slaughterhouse under criminal probe Updated: Feb-25-14 1:40 pm
- Ag census shows boom in farm sales Updated: Feb-21-14 9:36 am
- Lea County declared disaster area due to drought Updated: Feb-19-14 7:46 am
- ND ranchers to get federal blizzard help soon Updated: Feb-14-14 3:56 pm
- Senate confirms Techau as US attorney in Iowa Updated: Feb-12-14 6:05 pm
- Iowa panel backs bill for felons' voting rights Updated: Feb-12-14 5:58 pm
WASHINGTON - Would Parmesan by any other name be as tasty atop your pasta? A ripening trade battle might put that to the test.
KEOKUK, Iowa - The attorney for an ex-felon charged with illegally voting must be allowed to question an aide to Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad before the trial begins, a judge ruled Thursday.
WASHINGTON - New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand is telling federal officials that the Empire State needs its bees to pollinate crops.
WASHINGTON - It's not just about what America's kids are getting in the lunch line.
PETALUMA, California - A congressman says federal officials have launched a criminal probe of a Northern California slaughterhouse that recently recalled more than 8.7 million pounds of beef.
WASHINGTON - American agriculture has experienced a boom, with market values of crops, livestock and total agricultural products reaching record highs even as the amount of U.S. farmland declined, according to a new government survey.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The U.S. Department of Agriculture has designated Lea County a natural disaster area, making drought-stricken farmers and ranchers in the area eligible for assistance.
WASHINGTON - The U.S. Department of Agriculture is expediting a farm bill provision that provides relief to North Dakota ranchers devastated by an early October blizzard. The agency is responding with unusual speed after fierce lobbying and pressure from the congressional delegations in both Dakotas.
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - A Des Moines attorney who once led Iowa's Department of Public Safety has been confirmed as the top federal prosecutor in northern Iowa.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Felons discharged from criminal sentences would have their voting rights automatically restored under a bill backed by a Senate panel Wednesday.