- Lawmakers worry as conservation program shrinks Updated: May-02-15 5:50 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - At the peak of the wheat bubble, Montana farmers looking for more land to seed were pulling roughly 200,000 acres a year from conservation.
- Schumer: new Cornell lab would protect NY's potato crop Updated: May-01-15 3:08 am
ALBANY, New York - U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer says replacing an outdated laboratory at Cornell University is critical to the health of New York state's $65 million potato industry.
- Thune, Rounds ask USDA to help bird flu-affected producers Updated: Apr-28-15 6:33 pm
- Obama administration names 2nd group of 'Promise Zones' Updated: Apr-28-15 5:19 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration on Tuesday announced its second round of "Promise Zones," singling out eight economically struggling communities for special government attention as they work together to reduce poverty and crime, increase economic and educational opportunities and attract private investment.
- US to announce plans to reduce agricultural carbon emissions Updated: Apr-23-15 1:28 am
DETROIT - Federal agricultural officials are planning to announce voluntary programs and initiatives for farmers, ranchers and foresters meant to build on President Barack Obama's efforts to combat global warming - and don't require congressional approval.
- US Sen. Roberts' 'Frozen' ringtone creates hearing hysterics Updated: Apr-16-15 6:47 pm
WASHINGTON - Sen. Pat Roberts is urging people to "let it go" after his cellphone filled a somber committee hearing room with the first few bars of a song from Disney's "Frozen."
- Drought leaves Utah's farmers wondering what they can grow Updated: Apr-10-15 5:26 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Neal Briggs hasn't seen a drier spring.
- White House Brief: Things to know about Hillary Clinton Updated: Apr-10-15 1:54 pm
WASHINGTON - Here's a look at key things to know about Hillary Rodham Clinton as she steps into the 2016 Democratic presidential campaign with an expected announcement Sunday:
- Wyden lobbies for Pendleton research center funding Updated: Apr-09-15 3:50 pm
- Jennie-O turkey farm in Minnesota hit by deadly bird flu Updated: Apr-08-15 7:07 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Federal authorities have confirmed that a ninth Minnesota turkey farm has been hit by a form of bird flu that's deadly to poultry.