- Slumping Mets strike out 14 times in 9-1 loss to Pirates Updated: May-24-15 8:02 pm
PITTSBURGH - Terry Collins had seen enough. After watching the Mets strike out 14 more times in their fifth loss in six games, the manager addressed his team behind closed doors.
- Awaiting ruling, Matusz pitches in Orioles' loss to Miami Updated: May-24-15 6:18 pm
MIAMI - For a lefty in limbo, Brian Matusz pitched well Sunday.
- Jennings' moves pay off and Marlins beat Orioles 5-2 Updated: May-24-15 5:53 pm
MIAMI - Two innings in a row, new Miami Marlins manager Dan Jennings went to the mound to switch pitchers. Each time, the new reliever escaped a jam to help close out a 5-2 victory Sunday against Baltimore.
- Liriano strikes out 12, Pirates sweep Mets Updated: May-24-15 5:41 pm
PITTSBURGH - Francisco Liriano kept up Pittsburgh's strikeout parade, fanning 12 as the Pirates beat the New York Mets 9-1 Sunday for a three-game sweep.
- Mauer's homer lifts Twins to 4-3 win over Pirates in 13 Updated: May-21-15 12:16 am
PITTSBURGH - A dozen seasons in, there is still plenty of life in Joe Mauer's bat. And hey, a little power too.
- Slide continues as Pirates lose to Twins 4-3 in 13 innings Updated: May-21-15 12:05 am
PITTSBURGH - One-quarter of the way into what the Pittsburgh Pirates still believe can be a special season, the results are becoming ordinary. Familiar too.
- Alvarez hits majestic homer into river in Pirates 8-5 loss Updated: May-20-15 12:11 am
PITTSBURGH - Pedro Alvarez hit a majestic home run that wound up landing in a boat docked along the Allegheny River beyond the right-field stands at PNC Park.
- Harang, Howard lead Phillies to 4-2 win over Pirates Updated: May-14-15 5:48 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The Phillies had a plan: get a lead and trust their pitcher.
- Pirates slip past Cards for 4-3 victory Updated: May-10-15 6:30 pm
PITTSBURGH - Jung Ho Kang has gotten off to a fast start for the Pittsburgh Pirates
- Pirates bust loose, end 5-game slide with 7-2 win over Reds Updated: May-07-15 11:26 pm
PITTSBURGH - Gregory Polanco ignored the stop sign from Pittsburgh Pirates third-base coach Rick Sofield and kept on churning. Considering the way the Pirates are struggling to score, the risk seemed worth the reward.
- Cardinals win in extras again, beat Pirates 3-2 in 14 Updated: May-03-15 8:09 pm
ST. LOUIS - Kolten Wong went up there hacking. Starting a rally wouldn't satisfy.