- Doughty, Karlsson, Burns finalists for Norris Trophy Updated: Apr-29-16 8:20 pm
NEW YORK - Los Angeles' Drew Doughty, Ottawa's Erik Karlsson and San Jose's Brent Burns are the finalists for the James Norris Memorial Trophy as the NHL's top defenseman.
- Sharks use depth to get past Kings in 1st round of playoffs Updated: Apr-23-16 2:02 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The San Jose Sharks proved they are much more than just Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau, Joe Pavelski and a handful of other stars.
- Sharks blow 3-goal lead, but rally to eliminate Kings 6-3 Updated: Apr-23-16 2:24 am
LOS ANGELES - The Sharks had just blown a three-goal lead in a potential series-clinching playoff game. Staples Center rocked with the combined power of the Kings' rally and the looming specters of San Jose's postseason failures.
- Sharks score 3 power-play goals to beat Kings 3-2 in Game 4 Updated: Apr-21-16 2:19 am
SAN JOSE, California - Given another chance to win a playoff game with their power play, the San Jose Sharks did just that by getting goals instead of just generating chances.
- Sharks look to bring road success back home against Kings Updated: Apr-18-16 2:28 am
SAN JOSE, California - The playoffs started the way much of this season has gone for the San Jose Sharks: a successful road trip where structured defense, strong goaltending and solid all-around play led to two straight wins in Los Angeles.
- NHL's "Ironmen" ready to carry heavy load in playoffs Updated: Apr-13-16 12:24 pm
The real test of Kris Letang's relentless stamina doesn't come in the Pittsburgh Penguins dressing room after a long game. When he logs the kind of ice time that looks like a typo on the stat sheet, the big challenge comes the next morning, when his young son Alex hops into bed ready for dad to get up and play.
- Age-old question: Is Panarin too old to be NHL's top rookie? Updated: Apr-13-16 2:38 am
The NHL has once before made a significant change to its rookie of the year rules by establishing an age limit after 31-year-old Sergei Makarov won the Calder Trophy in 1990.
- Kings GM: Doughty should win Norris, and it's not even close Updated: Apr-12-16 6:45 pm
EL SEGUNDO, California - Defenseman Drew Doughty is the bedrock of the Los Angeles Kings' run to two Stanley Cup titles and their return to the postseason this week.
- 'Mr. Game 7' Justin Williams reaches 1,000-game milestone Updated: Apr-08-16 12:40 pm
ARLINGTON, Virginia - Justin Williams tore ligaments in his left knee (twice), tore the Achilles tendon in his right leg and broke his right ankle - all before he turned 28. Even though he had won a Stanley Cup with the Carolina Hurricanes in 2006, it's no wonder the Los Angeles Kings wondered if Williams was damaged goods.
- Kings hold off rival Ducks 2-1, close in on division title Updated: Apr-08-16 2:22 am
- Carter scores in OT, Kings beat Flames 5-4 Updated: Apr-06-16 1:50 am
CALGARY, Alberta - Jeff Carter took a bit of a gamble and it paid off for the Los Angeles Kings on Tuesday night.