- Iowa's popular governor suddenly put on defense Updated: Apr-14-14 12:53 pm
- Many 'Obamacare' critics accepted its subsidies Updated: Apr-08-14 5:09 pm
- GOP Senate hopefuls unite in opposition to Braley Updated: Apr-02-14 10:46 pm
- Unguarded comments, caught on tape, dog candidates Updated: Mar-27-14 8:34 pm
- Branstad: Comments about Grassley will hurt Braley Updated: Mar-26-14 6:37 pm
- Braley calls for funding of radon program Updated: Mar-26-14 2:30 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - In Terry Branstad's nearly 20 years as governor of Iowa, he has earned a reputation for steady management, frugality and a distinct absence of drama. Gray-haired, smiling and always attired in a crisp business suit, he's been a model of Midwestern stability and owner of a public approval rating over 60 percent.
WASHINGTON - Several big corporations have reaped millions of dollars from "Obamacare" even as they support GOP candidates who vow to repeal the law. This condemn-while-benefiting strategy angers Democrats, who see some of their top congressional candidates struggling against waves of anti-Obamacare ads partly funded by these companies.
AMES, Iowa - To call the gathering of Republican U.S. Senate candidates in Iowa on Wednesday a debate would be a stretch.
WASHINGTON - You might think this year's candidates had learned from Barack Obama's comments about bitter people who "cling to guns or religion." Or perhaps from Mitt Romney's apparent dismissal of the 47 percent of Americans who don't pay federal income taxes.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Comments made by U.S. Rep. Bruce Braley about Sen. Charles Grassley's ability to lead the judiciary committee have damaged Braley's U.S. Senate campaign, Gov. Terry Branstad said Wednesday.
DES MOINES, Iowa - U.S. Rep. Bruce Braley is pushing to protect a federal grant program aimed at testing schools and homes for cancer-causing radon.