- Patrick Kennedy memoir creates rift among his family Updated: Oct-06-15 5:49 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A memoir by former U.S. Rep. Patrick Kennedy has created a rift with family members upset over his portrayal of family secrecy, substance abuse and mental illness, including that of his father, late Massachusetts Sen. Edward Kennedy.
- Patrick Kennedy memoir takes hard look at family, addiction Updated: Oct-05-15 8:22 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A new book by former U.S. Rep. Patrick Kennedy, youngest son of the late Sen. Edward Kennedy, openly discusses what he says are the mental illnesses and addictions of himself and his family members, and takes on what he portrays as a veil of secrecy used to hide the problems of America's most famous political family.
- Hillary Clinton says more substance abuse treatment needed Updated: Oct-01-15 6:15 pm
BOSTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton said Thursday that treatment for drug and alcohol addiction should be on a par with diabetes, cancer, heart disease and other medical conditions.
- Ted Kennedy voices frustrations in newly released recordings Updated: Sep-30-15 3:56 pm
BOSTON - In newly released recordings, U.S. Sen. Edward Kennedy expresses his frustration over the way a failed 2007 immigration bill was handled in the Senate and the secretive approach President Bill Clinton took on his failed universal health care proposal, which Kennedy called a "catastrophic mistake."
- Warren: Much left to do 50 years after Civil Rights Act Updated: Sep-27-15 5:20 pm
BOSTON - U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren says that 50 years after the Civil Rights Act opened many opportunities and protections to black Americans, not enough progress has been made in voting rights, economic justice and anti-violence efforts.