- Pineda tossed for pine tar; Red Sox beat Yanks 5-1 Updated: Apr-23-14 11:18 pm
- Yanks pitcher Pineda ejected for substance on neck Updated: Apr-23-14 9:33 pm
- Red Sox demote struggling Daniel Nava to minors Updated: Apr-23-14 7:48 pm
- Yankees slug Red Sox for 15 hits in 9-3 win Updated: Apr-23-14 1:09 am
- Napoli back in Red Sox lineup after missing game Updated: Apr-17-14 9:06 pm
- Bradley leads Red Sox past White Sox in 14 innings Updated: Apr-17-14 3:13 am
- Dustin Pedroia has cortisone injection in wrist Updated: Apr-15-14 11:55 pm
- Bud Selig calls replay start 'remarkable' Updated: Apr-15-14 5:05 pm
- Rangers manager ejected for replay dispute Updated: Apr-14-14 10:14 pm
- Nova, Yankees beat Red Sox 3-2 with replay help Updated: Apr-14-14 12:53 am
- Red Sox manager ejected after replay dispute Updated: Apr-13-14 10:54 pm
- MLB says it missed replay call in Red Sox-Yankees Updated: Apr-12-14 8:18 pm
- Red Sox closer Uehara still out, return uncertain Updated: Apr-12-14 12:09 pm
- Players know pitchers try for better grip on ball Updated: Apr-11-14 7:43 pm
- Ellsbury gets RBI, run in 1st game vs Bosox Updated: Apr-11-14 12:07 am
- Ortiz homer leads Red Sox to 4-2 win over Rangers Updated: Apr-09-14 8:57 pm
- Sox bats quiet for Lester again in loss to Brewers Updated: Apr-06-14 6:38 pm
- Gallardo pitches Brewers to 4-0 win over Red Sox Updated: Apr-06-14 6:14 pm
- Red Sox receive championship rings Updated: Apr-04-14 4:50 pm
- Red Sox use 14-hit attack to beat Orioles 4-3 Updated: Apr-03-14 11:14 pm
- Red Sox RF Victorino put on disabled list Updated: Mar-31-14 1:27 pm
- Injured Red Sox RF Victorino could miss opener Updated: Mar-30-14 1:26 pm
- Willingham hits 1st HR, Twins beat Red Sox 7-4 Updated: Mar-29-14 8:26 pm
- Napoli homers in Red Sox 4-0 win over Twins Updated: Mar-28-14 5:27 pm
- Jon Lester to start Red Sox opener at Baltimore Updated: Mar-27-14 10:56 pm
BOSTON - Yankees pitcher Michael Pineda was ejected for using pine tar less than two weeks after appearing to get away with using a foreign substance in another game against Boston, and the Red Sox beat New York 5-1 on Wednesday night.
BOSTON - Less than two weeks after pitching against Boston with what appeared to be pine tar on his pitching hand, the New York Yankees' Michael Pineda was ejected from a game against the Red Sox on Wednesday night after umpires found a foreign substance on his neck.
BOSTON - The Red Sox demoted struggling switch-hitting outfielder Daniel Nava and recalled right-hander Alex Wilson on Wednesday.
CHICAGO - First basemen Mike Napoli was back in Boston's starting lineup on Thursday night, two days after dislocating a finger on his left hand.
CHICAGO - The Boston Red Sox used patience and 15 walks to rally and force extra innings.
CHICAGO - Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia had a cortisone injection in his left wrist and hopes to return to Boston's starting lineup on Wednesday night.
NEW YORK - Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig says the sport's new replay system is working well despite a few problems during its first two weeks.
NEW YORK - With a little help from the replay room, Carlos Beltran and the banged-up Yankees did just enough to hold off Boston.
NEW YORK - Get a grip.
NEW YORK - Jacoby Ellsbury's family changed game attire along with their star son.
BOSTON - Instant replay, meet the Pesky Pole.
BOSTON - Three games into their home schedule and the Boston Red Sox matched their worst losing streak in Fenway Park for the entire 2013 season.
BOSTON - Strong outings are becoming a habit for Yovani Gallardo and the rest of Milwaukee's rotation.
BOSTON - The Red Sox received their 2013 World Series championship rings on Friday during a ceremony that also honored victims of the Boston Marathon bombing and two firefighters who died in a blaze last week.
BALTIMORE - The Boston Red Sox opened the new baseball season the same way they finished the last one - by combining solid pitching and a relentless offense to win a series.
BALTIMORE - The Boston Red Sox put right fielder Shane Victorino on the 15-day disabled list Monday because of a strained right hamstring, making the move before the World Series champions opened the season at Baltimore.
BALTIMORE - Red Sox right fielder Shane Victorino has been sent back to Boston to have his right hamstring examined, leaving his status for Monday's opener in doubt.
FORT MYERS, Florida - Josh Willingham finally hit his first home run of the spring in Minnesota's exhibition finale, and the Twins beat the Boston Red Sox 7-4 on Saturday.
FORT MYERS, Florida - Jon Lester has been picked to start on opening day for the Boston Red Sox.